SSDIPainGUy

One word cuts incorrectly

Cutting a logo. Send to cutter, all the lines are right, everything looks fine. The vertical "SPACE" the letters get all jumbled together and cut on top of each other. The other SPACE cuts fine, the rest of the image cuts fine. Thoughts?

VinalMaster Cut

Windows 10

MH 871 MK2

New out of the box

USB Connection

PS Logo.jpg

Do you have enough vinyl loose to do the entire order, so that you are not pulling from the vinyl roll while cutting?  You must have. 

What have you done to set this cutter up?  Blade depth, force,  blade offset and speed?  It doesn't cut correctly right out of the box.  It needs fine tuned. Every vinyl cutter does. 

I tested it until I liked the results (speed and depth of cut/easy to weed). Speed 240 Force 110. It was on the roller, so I guess that could possibly be the issue, although it does feed pretty effortlessly.

I will also add I'm not new to vinyl, thought I was upgrading from a silhouette to a "commercial" cutter lol but after reading all the posts here I regret my decision.

There are too many wrong ways out there to set blade depth. This is the correct way. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

3 minutes ago, SSDIPainGUy said:

I will also add I'm not new to vinyl, thought I was upgrading from a silhouette to a "commercial" cutter lol but after reading all the posts here I regret my decision.

MH not even close.  Bottom of the barrel. We tell buyers not to buy it. Anything higher would have been better

• Like 1

a commercial cutter is a graphtec fc series - roland or summa  - all of which are several thousand dollars - mh, sc, LP all value cutters - titan2 is intermediate - graphtec ce is very nice plotter

Thank you for all of your feedback. Since the cutting issue is one of placement, not depth or quality of cut, I think it is not the cutter but rather the software not moving the roller correctly. Why would everything else cut properly, but that one word get jumbled? I'm going to cut it again with ample vinyl rolled off the roll so there is no tension on the vinyl.

Make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance from the vinyl edge. Yes, never be pulling from the roll while cutting. 

• Like 1

Have you converted the text to paths? I wouldn't think it would matter, but worth a shot.

• Like 1

so the vertical "SPACE" is getting compressed? Is the square coming out square, or is it coming out more like a rectangle? just trying to isolate if it's a mechanical issue, or a data issue. another thing you can try, dump the vertical SPACE, and copy and rotate the good SPACE.

Thank you all for your help! I unrolled some of the vinyl so there was no tension as it cut and everything worked fine. thanks again.

Matt

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SSDIPainGUy said:

Thank you all for your help! I unrolled some of the vinyl so there was no tension as it cut and everything worked fine. thanks again.

Matt

Yep, that will do it.  :D   Your welcome. 

• Like 2