I just purchased (used) a Graphtec CE6000 and being unfamiliar with the product I read up on as much as I could and tried to use the cutter. I was successful at printing artwork but it didn't cut at the size I had dialed in. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm in a quandary and would like to finish this project. The design is on 4" x 4" and the frisket is  8.5 x 11. Any intelligent resolution would be greatly appreciated as I haven't been able to reach Graphtec support.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.30.45 PM.png

Edited by Wildgoose
Removed linked video

Why are you using EASY CUT STUDIO? when Graphtec has it's own FREE software on their website made for a Graphtec.?

5 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I wasn't aware of the Graphtec free software. How do I find that?

Go to the Graphtec site.  Graphtec is your tech support.   You should also be able to get the Free Graphtec Pro Studio, which is over $1000 software. as long as you are using  Windows. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form

2 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I'm using Mac

Well too bad.  There is still other software on the graphtec site for a Mac.  That Easy Cut Studio is like running a  Ferrari on kerosene.  Junk software, Craftedge.com is your tech support for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pineapple said:

I thought that was the only answer and they got me for $60. My stupidity.

That software was made for the Cricut hobby cutters.    Signcutpro is for a Mac. 

Unless you absolutely have to run a Mac, most of us run on older Windows PC computers. I personally run my Graphtec on a 2006 Toshiba windows XP with no problems for over 10 years now.  You do not need a fancy new computer to run a vinyl cutter. 

Macs just make your options more limited.  Some use Macs to design but save off on a thumb drive and cut on Windows.  With that Graphtec Pro Studio, it is full design and cutting very similar to Flexisignpro.   A cheap $100 laptop can get you going.  I have bought several online.  I think you may need at least Windows 7 for Graphtec Pro Studio

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Thanks. I'll look into a laptop then

Can't you run Bootcamp or similar on that Mac? 

I downloaded Graphic Studio and it seems to be working....now...if I can get my money back from that other software company????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pineapple said:

I downloaded Graphic Studio and it seems to be working....now...if I can get my money back from that other software company????

unfortunately getting your money back is darn near impossible - all the software companies I have seen - once you buy it you can't return the license as they can't reuse it 

4 hours ago, Pineapple said:

My adobe software is on my Macs

Pineapple if you are good with Adobe Illustrator the Cutting Master plug-in will cut right from AI to your Graphtec.

14 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

unfortunately getting your money back is darn near impossible - all the software companies I have seen - once you buy it you can't return the license as they can't reuse it 

If the product is useless to your computer and is a misrepresented product you have recourse.

12 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Pineapple if you are good with Adobe Illustrator the Cutting Master plug-in will cut right from AI to your Graphtec.

It's working great

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pineapple said:

If the product is useless to your computer and is a misrepresented product you have recourse.

Maybe, but the product works on your computer and falls on you to know if it would work with your external hardware, which it does. You've simply failed to fully research everything. Don't take that as an insult, it happens to lots of people when they get into something new and don't fully know what questions to be asking.

• Like 2

If you only spent $60 your not out much anyway. Most software is at least $400 for anything worth using. Graphtec is really smart to market some options that you can run with their product that help ease the pain of buying the top shelf cutter. They also run a totally different cutter command language so that their free stuff is only useful to their own clientele. Gotta appreciate clever market control. Best thing is they really ARE great cutters so they are providing a great machine on top of the other promotional benefits. 

• Like 1