Cutting several alike items and cutter is returning to start point after each one and cutting the material each time it returns and advances.  whats up with that?

Are you setting up the multiples in production manager . . . In graphtec pro studio?

Do you have 1 design on the layout screen and running COPIES on the CUT/PLOT screen?   Maybe show a screen shot of what you are doing. 

Umm ... they are trying to help, however,  you also have to tell them what you're doing (or how  you're doing it) so that they can provide additional assistance. Screen shots of your setup is very helpful. Don't worry, no one here is interested in whatever design you're working. If you're concerned about that, then use PS to blotch it out, but send the rest of the screen so they can see how you're setting up your cut job.

If I had a design that I needed to run multiples of, I would lay it out as a single pass in a manageable size of output vinyl, then cut it repetitively until I got the necessary quantity. But then again, I have limited weeding and taping space, so others can sometimes do it in a single pass.

I do it every day =- so not sure what you are doing different if you are selecting copies in production manager 

temp2.jpg

2 minutes ago, scottbaggerly said:

ABC 

ABC

ABC

Trying to cut those letters over and over and when it gets to the C it goes back and cuts a line through the ABC

Pictures please.   I do it all the time also.  Just like you Dakota

1 minute ago, scottbaggerly said:

ABC 

ABC

ABC

Trying to cut those letters over and over and when it gets to the C it goes back and cuts a line through the ABC

A photo of the finished product is helpful. Are you just cutting s small strip of vinyl? Are these huge letters and using the entire width of the vinyl?

sure sounds a lot like an unregistered copy of scalp cutting lines thru after completing but he  or she did reply yes to Graphtec pro studio - - --

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

that is not ABC.  looks like 5 C

I was just using that for example....it is 5 C

CCCCC

but it is happening on all multiples...

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where it says MATERIAL, try ROLL,  if that is a roll of vinyl. NOT USER DEFINED. It is a drop down box

nope that didn't fix it...still cutting back thru the letters

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where it says MATERIAL, try ROLL,  if that is a roll of vinyl. NOT USER DEFINED. It is a drop down box

4 minutes ago, scottbaggerly said:

took it out and drug it across some scrap vinyl...then ran test

This is the correct way to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is the correct way to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

exactly