Recommended Posts

Do you have 1 design on the layout screen and running COPIES on the CUT/PLOT screen?   Maybe show a screen shot of what you are doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm ... they are trying to help, however,  you also have to tell them what you're doing (or how  you're doing it) so that they can provide additional assistance. Screen shots of your setup is very helpful. Don't worry, no one here is interested in whatever design you're working. If you're concerned about that, then use PS to blotch it out, but send the rest of the screen so they can see how you're setting up your cut job.

If I had a design that I needed to run multiples of, I would lay it out as a single pass in a manageable size of output vinyl, then cut it repetitively until I got the necessary quantity. But then again, I have limited weeding and taping space, so others can sometimes do it in a single pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do it every day =- so not sure what you are doing different if you are selecting copies in production manager 

temp2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scottbaggerly said:

ABC 

ABC

ABC

Trying to cut those letters over and over and when it gets to the C it goes back and cuts a line through the ABC

 

Pictures please.   I do it all the time also.  Just like you Dakota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scottbaggerly said:

ABC 

ABC

ABC

Trying to cut those letters over and over and when it gets to the C it goes back and cuts a line through the ABC

A photo of the finished product is helpful. Are you just cutting s small strip of vinyl? Are these huge letters and using the entire width of the vinyl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure sounds a lot like an unregistered copy of scalp cutting lines thru after completing but he  or she did reply yes to Graphtec pro studio - - --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where it says MATERIAL, try ROLL,  if that is a roll of vinyl. NOT USER DEFINED. It is a drop down box

nope that didn't fix it...still cutting back thru the letters

 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where it says MATERIAL, try ROLL,  if that is a roll of vinyl. NOT USER DEFINED. It is a drop down box

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scottbaggerly said:

took it out and drug it across some scrap vinyl...then ran test

This is the correct way to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is the correct way to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now