ineedhelp

Vinyl Cuter Cutting Sloppily (Circles look like Ovals)

26 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you ever use the pen tool?

Unfortunately don't have a pen tool, but I did try to do it with 1 layer of vinyl instead and got the same messy results.

Messy reminds me of the post with loose grit rollers, loose belt, worn out blade holder . . . 

Did you try any of the other suggestions? There have been several. What were the results? Need to know the results of the suggestions in order to offer additional advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Did you try any of the other suggestions? There have been several. What were the results? Need to know the results of the suggestions in order to offer additional advice.

1. Cutting with 1 layer of vinyl still yields messy results.

2. I changed the blade length, did not change anything.

3. There are no deformities to the cutting strip, and the blade tip is not broken.

4. It seems like it's making identically bad cuts. (ie. all the rounded squares appear to have the same deformities)

5. I don't have the pen adapter.

6. I double checked and the blade is sitting properly on the rails.

I think that's everything, I'm not sure now what else the issue could be besides something mechanical. 

Try cutting a large square then measure it. Since you don't have the pin you'll have to waste some vinyl but you need to know if your step counts are correct. Cut a large square and measure it to see if all sides are the lengths expected.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

Try cutting a large square then measure it. Since you don't have the pin you'll have to waste some vinyl but you need to know if your step counts are correct. Cut a large square and measure it to see if all sides are the lengths expected.

Cutting a 3x3" square came out to the correct in height and width in real life. However again, was cut messily.

:mellow:

Messy how, just bad corners or are the edges not straight? If it's just that the corners are not square that would be an offset issue.

On a lot of plotters you can substitute a pen adapter by wrapping some masking tape around an ordinary pen until it's thick enough for the carriage to hold it firmly.   Ultra fine point Sharpies do a nice job.

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Messy how, just bad corners or are the edges not straight? If it's just that the corners are not square that would be an offset issue.

you know - It's messy :wacko:

• Like 1

Just a couple thoughts. Double check that your carriage has not partially slipped off the rail. And that your drive rollers are not loose. There are small screws that secure the drive shaft that have been known to come loose especially if you moved and it got knocked around.

Also you said you had to buy new software to be compatible with your mac and the cutter. I believe the MH is one of the cutters that does not allow you to set the blade offset directly on the machine but is dependent on the software to make this adjustment. There is possibly some issue between the two. Double check that the increments for your blade offset are in mm. 0.30mm is an appropriate amount of offset but 0.33 inches would not be. I would adjust your blade offset both directions by a large margin and see if it actually changes. t's possible you have some issues with the program telling your cutter what to do. If you need a second option try the SignCut free trial and you will have something to compare with. 

• Like 1

Wildgoose is correct, the offset on a MH can not be adjusted on the cutter, it is a software thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1