Sign in to follow this  
ac3-decal-designs

Cost for vehicle lettering

So I have spent a long time doing a lot of research about how to price out vehicle lettering on a baseline and then creating a spreadsheet to figure out my math.  Most of the information I have gotten is several years old and given the economy, cost of materials, labor costs, etc... I don't know if it is still accurate.

I use Oracle 651 and RTape ApliTape 4075 since I live in Florida and it does well in humidity.  I already have the cost of the materials, so that is a non-issue.  The question is how much would I charge the client for said items.  I've read that some people do it on a per letter basis, some do it per sq in, some do it per sq ft, and some do it with a dartboard and the current mood before coffee.  I have been doing smaller decals, but just upgraded my cutter to do vehicle lettering which is where the question comes from.  Any information would be quite helpful.  If it matters I am in the Kissimmee, Fl location.

I think Dakota fat fingered the 751 but I totally agree with him. I don't sell 651 to people for vehicles. It's great vinyl but not built to handle the expansion and contraction. 

If you are just selling decals and not installing and you know your material costs all that's left is your operational cost including taxes and profit. Only you can decide how much your time and wear and tear on your equipment is worth.

If you install there are more considerations but just break them down. Travel, Install time, Remove mess up, travel back , recut, reinstall etc...:P

• Like 1

Don't forget to figure in the time it took for the layout or design, converting the logo from a JPG to a vector image or the numerous times the customer called to change the design.

I live in Florida and  pretty much use Oracle 951 for everything. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Wildgoose said:

I think Dakota fat fingered the 751 but I totally agree with him. I don't sell 651 to people for vehicles. It's great vinyl but not built to handle the expansion and contraction. 

If you are just selling decals and not installing and you know your material costs all that's left is your operational cost including taxes and profit. Only you can decide how much your time and wear and tear on your equipment is worth.

If you install there are more considerations but just break them down. Travel, Install time, Remove mess up, travel back , recut, reinstall etc...:P

Yep I have seen many signs and vehicles cracked and peeling.....plus it’s a selling point I use a 10 year premium vinyl 

• Like 2