Sign in to follow this  
erock

Contour Cutting Issues

Afternoon all.

Seem to  be having some issues with my contour cutter.

I go through the contour cutting build, print my stickers out on my regular laser printer, put the sheet into the cutter to cut, start going through the processes and click cut and the laser will come on and them this screen pops up. (see attached)

then nothing it will just sit there. I let it sit for an hour one time. 

Then i tried to manually move to the marks with the keypad on the machine and it did not cut right at all.

Any one else have this problem or have any ideas on what to do. I have watched every (tutorial) video there is and i still cant get it to cut. Any help would be greatly appreciated

contour.JPG

Looks to me like your marks are way to close to the edge of the paper.

Never had an SC, so just a guess.

I dont think that is the problem.

I even tried the "test" page that they have on the cut wizard and no luck with that either. 

the sc is a manual contour cut - it won't find the marks by itself and also looks like from the futurecorp video you use the controls on the screen to set the marks

Yep. Done that video as well but no laser pointer comes on. It will just keep moving around with no laser pointer.. Ive calibrated it about 6 times now. 

13 minutes ago, erock said:

Yep. Done that video as well but no laser pointer comes on. It will just keep moving around with no laser pointer.. Ive calibrated it about 6 times now. 

Top of screen  Alignment method   MANUAL 4 points...  Around 7:14 it is telling you.  Whether you are using the blade in the center of the mark,. or are you using the laser in the center of the mark. You have to check which one. 

Yeah i totally get that. But shouldnt the laser come on so i can align up the marks. It does not do that and the cutter does not show move to the next mark like it use to.. it just shows idle. and when i click on next it just moves to a random spot. Using the arrow keys on the screen do not do anything as well 

no laser.JPG

arrowkey.JPG

Why not just use the blade option instead of the laser?   That is how Flexi does their contour cutting.  No need for a laser.  

maybe some one will come along with an SC cutter and help you out.   Or contact Vinyl Master. 

Yeah. i think ill just have to call them tomorrow. I have watched every video ever tip and so on and it will just not cut

2 minutes ago, erock said:

Yeah. i think ill just have to call them tomorrow. I have watched every video ever tip and so on and it will just not cut

Did you try the blade option to the reg marks?  No need for the laser. 

It wont advance to the next mark. I can click on the arrows to move to the next Mark but it will not move. So there is a issue somewhere.

7 minutes ago, erock said:

It wont advance to the next mark. I can click on the arrows to move to the next Mark but it will not move. So there is a issue somewhere.

Your on USB?   Better connection with those value cutters on serial or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter with your null modem cable.  That is the brand name Tripp-Lite.   Those value cutters do not have TRUE USB like higher end cutters.   They have a cheap Chinese chipset. 

Yeah im on USB. So your saying its better Serial? Ill have to get the adapter then.  Thanks for the advice

8 minutes ago, erock said:

Yeah im on USB. So your saying its better Serial? Ill have to get the adapter then.  Thanks for the advice

Yes, serial or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is always better than that cheap Chinese chip set in those value cutters.    Only Tripp-Lite  Keyspan Adapter is guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter.   Don't go buying some cheap Usb to serial adapter.  They won't work with a vinyl cutter.  This is the brand to buy.   Find the best price.   This info is all over this forum for those value cutters. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter/121453481995?hash=item1c4731100b:g:X2UAAOSwE6VXJGwq

Value cutters do not have TRUE USB.  Only the higher end cutters like Graphtec, Roland, Summa, and high end Titans do.  The value cutters have a Cheap Chinese Chipset in them. The FTDI drivers, make them a Com port in your computer. You locate the com port number in your computer device manager , then in your cutting software, You choose the same Com port number.