Davine Prodigy

Graphtec CE5000-60 - Stopping in the Middle of a Job

Sometimes my Graphtec CE5000-60 stops cutting in the middle of a job. I've tried reloading the software thinking that would fix it but it did it again last night. If anyone has experience this, please let me know if you found a solution. I have several jobs to cut but I'm wasting vinyl since the cutter stops in the middle of the job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What does the display say when it stops?

Only time I have seen that is when the vinyl out the back gets hung up on the roll or basket and the sensor thinks there is no vinyl. Can usually fix that and hit enter for it to restart where it stopped.

• Like 1

It could also be a broken USB cable.  I had that once, (no error)  I wiggled the cable and the cutter took off again. I got it to finish the job, and replaced the cable.  Also a USB cable that is too long will do it. 

If it has to do with the media sensor, I turned mine off as well as the pinch roller sensor off.  They are in background settings. 

• Like 2

I agree with Skeeter. Check the cable first. Try replacing the cable too. If the cable is too long, then you will need to use an active (powered) USB hub to relay the data successfully.

• Like 1

BIKEMIKE ... I've had that happen but this isn't the case. It would literally stop in the middle of a cutting a design with no error messages and no reasons as to why it stopped. I'll definitely check my cables. I appreciate the feedback MZ SKEETER and HAUMANA.

What is the total size of your job.

The likely answer is that it exceed you media page length onyour hardware.

Althought your setting may be correct on your software, be sure to check the cutter.

to do so go to Menu > Media (option 4) > Page Length (option 3)

Set this to above your usual job size, and this should fix your issue