Warrior1

Design and cut multiple pieces of the same design

So I am new to this Vinyl Business and am using Sure Cuts Alot Pro. I have an order for 200 vinyl stickers and have the graphic imported into the software and have it properly sized but how do I just send it to the cutter so it will continue to cut off the vinyl roll until all of them are cut?

Thanks for the help

Hi! Way to go on getting an order for 200 decals when you just started! 

I recently did an order of 600 decals, and I cut them about 24 at a time. I tried cutting more at once, but if something went wrong I could end up wasting a lot of vinyl and time. I found it more manageable to do them in batches. I prepped and packaged them in bundles of 50 to help me keep count.

You can use the "duplicate" feature in SCAL to make a grid of multiple copies of your design. Then send that group to the cutter. You'll just need to adjust your mat size to fit however many you want to cut in a batch. For example, you could make a 24" x 48" mat or 12" x 48" or whatever size you are using. Make a grid of as many of your design as you want to cut, and go to town. Hope that helps!

No mention of which cutter you are using,  many of the value cutters do not have a lot of memory, so like stated above only do in small  batch at a time. 

24 minutes ago, toocutedecals said:

I recently did an order of 600 decals, and I cut them about 24 at a time. I tried cutting more at once, but if something went wrong I could end up wasting a lot of vinyl and time. I found it more manageable to do them in batches. I prepped and packaged them in bundles of 50 to help me keep count.

I not only break apart large orders into smaller batches for me to count, but because I have only so much room, the vinyl can't be too long or else it won't fit on my weeding table. I also don't want to have to app tape anything crazy long.

1 hour ago, toocutedecals said:

Hi! Way to go on getting an order for 200 decals when you just started! 

You can use the "duplicate" feature in SCAL to make a grid of multiple copies of your design. Then send that group to the cutter. You'll just need to adjust your mat size to fit however many you want to cut in a batch. For example, you could make a 24" x 48" mat or 12" x 48" or whatever size you are using. Make a grid of as many of your design as you want to cut, and go to town. Hope that helps!