JULIEHARPER

Vinyl Express R Series 2 - Won't cut despite driver being loaded

I have the Vinyl Express R Series II plotter/cutter.  I have downloaded the LXi apprentice software and production manager and installed the driver for the cutter.  It is showing up as COM3 (USB).  When I send a test to the production manager, the production manager shows the file as being cut (preparing, cutting finishing), but nothing is happening with the cutter.  I have deleted the program and reinstalled, removed the license on one computer and installed the software and drivers on a different laptop running Windows 7 (and downloaded that specific driver) with the same exact result.  There are absolutely no errors in production manager with no cutting at all.   I have tried 3 different cords and all the USB ports on both laptops.  I am not getting any time out errors, the computer does not have Bluetooth, I have allowed connection to local production manager using TCP/IP (suggestion from SignWarehouse site - even though I have no idea what that means), and stopped the loading of all the startup items when turning on the computer.  I am able to perform a test cut from the machine but not from the production manager.  Anyone else ever seen this or have any suggestions?   

You must go into Production manager and choose add setup at the top of the page. Choose  the REDSAIL  Or Vinyl Express R series how ever it is listed as your set up. .  You choose the comport # that Windows has assigned to it in computer device manager.  They must match. in Device manager as well as LXI production manager.     

I have a check by the R series II R31 that is listed under the Vinyl Express R II/R31 @ COM3 in the production manager.  In device manager, under ports (COM & LPT), the USB serial port (COM3) is showing up when the USB cable is plugged in.  Is there another way I need to choose it?

4 minutes ago, JULIEHARPER said:

I have a check by the R series II R31 that is listed under the Vinyl Express R II/R31 @ COM3 in the production manager.  In device manager, under ports (COM & LPT), the USB serial port (COM3) is showing up when the USB cable is plugged in.  Is there another way I need to choose it?

Did you download the driver for it?  Extract and install it for the USB?   It is on the Signwarehouse support page.  Also you have to reboot your computer.