Sign in to follow this  
TiffOwen

ARCHIVED SignBlazer page removed/ mh cutter drivers

I had to buy a new laptop it is a windows 10. I cant get SignBlazer to work on it. I used the link from above for the download and driver. When I try to cut with my Uscutter Refine 721 it says can not open the output device, error initialize cutter. Plz help

2 minutes ago, TiffOwen said:

I had to buy a new laptop it is a windows 10. I cant get SignBlazer to work on it. I used the link from above for the download and driver. When I try to cut with my Uscutter Refine 721 it says can not open the output device, error initialize cutter. Plz help

This is available,  You will have to use the Redsail,  

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

TiffOwen, if you still cannot get cutter-computer communication going using the above SBE application, then please start a new thread for further troubleshooting, and offer details about your steps so far.

Thanks, Skeeter, for offering this (hidden) download that USCutter still maintains.

Thanks! I'm going to start a new thread. It still will not working even using Redsail. I'm using a usb to connect.

7 minutes ago, TiffOwen said:

Thanks! I'm going to start a new thread. It still will not working even using Redsail. I'm using a usb to connect.

Did you download the USB driver? 

I only downloaded what was in the download link you provided and it did not ask me about the drivers like other downloads for signblazer has.

21 minutes ago, TiffOwen said:

not sure what im looking for on the page above im not finding anything for usb drivers

Search these Forums for FTDI (it's been posted many times)

downloaded and still getting the same error. can not open the output device, error initializing cutter. I tried the generic hpl and redsail for the cutter. and comm 1 there is not a usb option for me to select under the output device.

how do I check the output device? comm ports is listed but im using a usb cable. on my other laptop under outport device there is the usb option that I use to run the cutter.

You are experiencing a Windows issue, go into the Device Manager and adjust your Com port assignment

1 hour ago, TiffOwen said:

downloaded and still getting the same error. can not open the output device, error initializing cutter. I tried the generic hpl and redsail for the cutter. and comm 1 there is not a usb option for me to select under the output device.

In Windows, Right Click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT).  Expand that and see what Com Port number Windows assigned to your keyspan. Whatever that number is, that's what SBE needs to be set to that number. SBE > Cutter > Setup > Output Device

Let's get started with that, and see if that gets you some results.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.48.11 PM.png

• Like 2

under com ports it says com3 but has this error message

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system