Guest fivestar

Own 3 tanning salons.

I owned one for 10 years, good money in it.  I still have one of my beds in the basement here at the house now.  :)  Wife and daughters use it.

I have to say this has been one fun thread to read.  It's inspirational and to see so many backgrounds come together for the love of their cutters!! I love it.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Oh Joe how well I know. 

Guest Terry

30 years pre press same as Joe, UV setter computer imaging pre press plates direct to plate process. Quit in Sept. Wife pissed, company pissed. NYS sign shop, quit in two days, Coater spray glass, quit two days, doing nothing now, everybody thinks I'm nuts because the great pay I had at my 30 year job. Beginning to think it myself. :)

take it from someone who worked at a job for 30+ years that I hated...all the money in the world can't make you happy if you dread going to work in the morning.

take it from someone who worked at a job for 30+ years that I hated...all the money in the world can't make you happy if you dread going to work in the morning.

amen to that.

I thought this was Terry's day job...or night job:

LOL John!  :)

Hahaha you uncovered him! LOL!

Guest Terry

I have blond hair, but thats a bit heavy set for me, I'm a 150lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal.  :)

I'm a over the road truck driver that's currently running the scale house for a coal company in Kentucky. I've wanted to get into vinyl for years, but never had the time/money. I'm sure everyone knows how that goes. Anyhow, I started browsing the net one day,at my new job, found uscutters website and ordered a lp24. I already have enough work lined up to pay for my investment. To start with, I'll be doing truck doors. It will mainly be the names of the trucking company, dot, and kyu numbers.  All I gotta do is figure out how to use my cutter. LOL

I have blond hair, but thats a bit heavy set for me, I'm a 150lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal.  :)

Yeah,that's how I USED to be...now the steel has rusted and  is more bent than twisted. But my sex appeal was never in my looks, but more a singular talent that I have. THAT still survives.

Beginning to think it myself. :)

Terry,

Don't let it eat at ya .. that'll do more harm than the loss of pay will/can do. You exhibit some grand ideas here, loads of creativity, and should be able to easily replace the old good salary and be your own boss.

You said that you just sit around doing nothing, get out, stay busy, don't feed the bad wolf more than the good or he'll take over. Been there, seen it,done it, got the t-shirt to prove it.

I respect the devil out of folks like you who were able to stick at the same thing for long periods. Longest I ever held the same job was flying helicopters, 7 years army, 12 years commercial. Longer than that self employed, but that doesn't count.

You got talent.

I am a Shadowknight /Shaman and Mage, sometimes a Druid, oh wait nm thats another hobby. I am a Supervisor at this factory---> www.vactor.com , I would rather be a full time Shadowknight. I also of course do vinyl and t-shirts part time.

I would LOVE to become my own boss.  Working under others SUCK.  Lately it seems worse.

Jenny

The best thing to work for myself is that I can work wearing nothing but briefs! LOL that my business attire when Im working at home.

Joe

LOL.  Just another perk for working at home!!  :)

The best thing to work for myself is that I can work wearing nothing but briefs! LOL that my business attire when Im working at home.

Joe

Joe that is a scary thought right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

I dont have a day job...  :'(    I do however work from 7pm to 2am :)      I work for Clear Channel Radio/ Total Traffic Network providing the roadway information for GPS Navigation and news websites in the Detroit area.  I also am a voiceover artist.

RJ

The best thing to work for myself is that I can work wearing nothing but briefs!

Joe... we're not talking about your night job... what do you do during the day?!?!

The best thing to work for myself is that I can work wearing nothing but briefs!

I would think that as long as any products people might buy have been nowhere near those... then its fine.

RJ

Truck driviing for the past 18yrs with the same company. I hate all the new D.O.T and company rules hope i can learn enough to be my own boss someday and have my own dress code.

Joe... we're not talking about your night job... what do you do during the day?!?!

Im a graphic artist @ a print shop. I am also in charge of the dark room for the develpment of the plates.

I would think that as long as any products people might buy have been nowhere near those... then its fine.

RJ

LOL RJ

Joe

Joe that is a scary thought right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :police::o

Jason, I didnt mean to scare you. Why did you have to picture it? Its your fault! LOL

Retired, spend most of my time slouching and listening to my beard grow. Ahhhhhhhhhh, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Guest Terry

Retired, spend most of my time slouching and listening to my beard grow. Ahhhhhhhhhh, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

When you decide on a day of real excitement.... Do you watch the grass grow?  :police: