I just recently purchased a Graphtec fc8000-100  downloaded Tint Tek But I’m having trouble cutting film I’m using a 40 inch roll 45° blade film keeps  bunching up Can’t get it to track correctly someone please help me

A 45 degree and 60 degree will punch holes in tint and make it bunch up.  You need a 30 degree blade.   I have that cutter in 30" 

You can find cheaper 30 degree blades on Ebay, 

Here is the Graphtec Blade chart.  2nd blade down.   FC8000  and FC8600 are the same. 

https://static.squarespace.com/static/5900b1a3c534a5aa8149a65c/t/5b880a5c4d7a9c2e566990ce/1535642205328/CP+Blades+and+Blade-Holders+HiRes.pdf

4 minutes ago, De Show Window tinting said:

Would I also need to replace the blade holder ?

It doesn't look like it with this blade number  CB09UB-K60.  It looks the same as the regular blades just with a 30 degree angle.       Those blades that are CB15 would need a different blade holder.   I think they need the RED top holder. 

Chart says this  for BLUE TOP HOLDER   Compatible with blades: CB09UB, CB09UB-K60 0.9mm, blue top, black ABS tip. Not recommended for CB09UA blades with springs.

If it's bunching, then it sounds like it's cutting all the way through

Just now, haumana said:

If it's bunching, then it sounds like it's cutting all the way through

That is why you use a 30 degree blade.  45 and 60 degree points are too sharp for tint.   30 degree blade is for tint. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hmm ... are you allowing for slack?

• Thanks 1

This is how to set the blade depth correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, De Show Window tinting said:

Slack on the role so it doesn’t pull it ?

Yes, you should never be pulling on the vinyl while your cutting, enough vinyl slack for the whole order. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, De Show Window tinting said:

You guys are the best I’m gonna give all that a try I’ll let you guys know how it goes thank you so much for all your help 

Your welcome...:D

I recently purchased 52" graphtec fc8600 plotter for tint and ppf and trying to setup speed and force for tint film. I am using blue holder with 30 degree blade for tint. I adjust blade in holder bu cutting the sheet to make sure its not cutting the liner and cut just the tint sheet. I setup my speed 20 and force 18. I tried with less then force 18 and it dont cut the film but with 18 it cut the film but some area it cut the liner of tint film as well.. Please help if anyone have this plotter or know about setting. I am new with plotter

This is how to correctly set the the blade depth.  It's less blade, more force.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

What about the speed? What speed really does when cutting the film. I mean high and low speed make fine cut? 

Cut slow.  I only cut at speed 2-3. I am never in a hurry . Learn your machine first.  Then maybe you can adjust to higher speeds.  

41 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Cut slow.  I only cut at speed 2-3. I am never in a hurry . Learn your machine first.  Then maybe you can adjust to higher speeds.  

Same here. I don't run a Graphtec but do have a high end servo machine. It is capable of 800mm/sec but I run it at 200. That's plenty fast. I look at it like my mazarati does 185 but I wouldn't drive it that fast all the time. Why wear things out on an expensive fine tuned machine prematurely. 

Its cut perfect in the beginning but at the end it dont cut rite. I mean if I cutting the front window then it will cut the rite way but when it does the last cut it do not cut the film for some reason. U think it's defect in the machine?