theprint

Job to large to process for Signblazer

Hi 

I have a large job to cut - 36 x 36 in with @2000 small holes to cut out. When I try and run the job Signblazer processes the complete job but cannot send it to the cutter LIYU SC1261-AM 

Does anyone have any idea how to get this to cut or how to get signblazer  or other software to send the job as a stream so the cutter starts as it is still being processed?

Thanks 

Martin

Really doubt the Liyu has that kind of memory.  They are very limited on memory.   Guessing your using USB also.  But a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter might help.  That is the brand name  Tripp-lite KeyspanAdapter with your null modem cable.  will send the data flow better and not overflow it.   The value cutters do not have TRUE USB like higher end cutters. 

Do you have a friend to hire, that has a Graphtec or another higher end vinyl cutter?   I also can't imagine, the holes being perfect, with the tracking on a Liyu. 

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll order one up.

The strange thing is I have a couple of MH cutters and when I send a file from signblazer they start to cut straight away and take the data as required with smaller memory.   

Is there any software that has better data handling or any settings I can play with on either the machine or signblazer.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Martin

Like Skeeter is saying, it's not going to be an SBE issue, it a machine memory issue.

You can trial other software, I believe that VinylMaster has free trial, I'm not sure about other software, but give that a go and see if that will help.

My SC2 does the same thing -- It waits for the feed to complete of ALL of the data first, before starting to cut.
I feel this is a defect in the way the unit handles data flow, internally. (certainly not related to memory, but rather to Parity or Duplex settings on the motherboard processor)

Regarding these 2000 holes, can you split them into two 1000-hole segments and get them to cut?

23 minutes ago, haumana said:

You can trial other software, I believe that VinylMaster has free trial, I'm not sure about other software, but give that a go and see if that will help.

VinylMaster TRIAL version substitutes a LOGO for the actual design, as I understand it.

I have  2 licenses for Vinylmaster Cut  but since the last windows update they lost their activation and I am in support hell trying to get them to deactivate the computers so I can reactivate them - been a month now going back and forth with no results and two dead copies - not an impressive company support wise  - hence going back to SBE

8 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

VinylMaster TRIAL version substitutes a LOGO for the actual design, as I understand it.

That's kind of disappointing.

3 minutes ago, theprint said:

I have  2 licenses for Vinylmaster Cut  but since the last windows update they lost their activation and I am in support hell trying to get them to deactivate the computers so I can reactivate them - been a month now going back and forth with no results and two dead copies - not an impressive company support wise  - hence going back to SBE

Did you contact futurecorp directly or who you bought it thru in the uk?   Usually they are great on support 

Contacted them directly - Support say management have locked down their systems so they cannot unallocate the license from the computers. Using off line activation is saying tomany activations, then takes you to a page to remove the license but that then leads to a page giving a 500 error. Wrote to the chairman via website and got redirected to support - as I said  - support circle of hell - 

You could give Inkscape a try. It has a very basic cut ability built in now, under Extensions->Export->Plot. You will likely need to do some test cuts to dial in the DPI setting.

• Like 1

darcshadow - thanks for that - did not know I could do that - will give it a go.  If it works it will remove a whole step in my production set up.