Sign in to follow this  
arroncollins

Ce6000-60plus issues

Hi guys,

I recently took delivery of a brand new ce6000-60plus and have it all setup.

Settings straight out the box, installed the driver along with the cutter controller software, Graphtec studio and cutting master 4 for Illustrator.

Offset is set to 0
speed as low as 1
blade depth has been checked, scrap vinyl test done and it cuts the vinyl without cutting backing paper.
have also ran the force/offset test on the cutter itself and get same results. vinyl is cut but backing paper is intact.

when i do cuts, lines aren't coming out as straight as they should and curves are coming out wobbly. Not a perfect circle. 

Shapes have been created directly in graphtec studio and illustrator with the same results.
It also doesn't matter if i use signblazer, signcut, cutting master or graphtec studio i get the same results.

Have also tried a second machine and same results.

However, if i send the same design to one of my cheaper vinyl cutter it comes out perfect?

I did notice the carraige although it moves across the belt fine, it does have some play if you were to pull/push it when standing facing it. as if it moves off away from the rail and makes a knocking noise.

any help would be amazing right now  Thank you

52572808_10156078591249135_460136184476073984_n.jpg

52638750_10156078591119135_3478181184792428544_n.jpg

52749952_10156078591229135_6060143393743306752_n.jpg

52980022_10156078591199135_2570236527326003200_n.jpg

52983137_10156078591214135_7131593865575792640_n.jpg

53327456_10156078591094135_8713360896841220096_n.jpg

Welcome from accross the pond, are all of the carriage wheels locked onto the rail, sometimes they come off in shipping.   There should be no clinking or clunking.    Also we have seen where. People have not gotten the ridge of the blade holder under the retainer when installing it

• Thanks 1

It looks like theyre all attached, from what i can see its 4 small bearings that roll across and they all seem attached.

I can confirm the blade holder is secured in and the latch retainer is on top screwed in firmly :)

When you say the images were created,  am assuming you mean drawn and not traced, correct?

First off, make sure your not pulling from the vinyl roll, while cutting.  Always have plenty of vinyl slack to do the entire order.  That cutter does have a pre feed feature on it. and how did you set your blade depth?   You used the circle shape to make those circles? 

• Like 2

Not usual for a GraphTec to not produce perfect work.  Have you contacted the dealer?

27 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

First off, make sure your not pulling from the vinyl roll, while cutting.  Always have plenty of vinyl slack to do the entire order.  That cutter does have a pre feed feature on it. and how did you set your blade depth?   You used the circle shape to make those circles? 

I had slack but ill try again today and give it more slack then needed rather then having it pull the vinyl from the rollers :)

Blade depth was set by placing blade in and using the supplied magnifier to ensure blade wasn't out too much. i also used a scrap piece of vinyl and cut a cirle out by hand to ensure it only cut the vinyl and not the backing paper.

once blade was in the machine i also ran a test cut from the machine to set the correct force to ensure vinyl peeled correctly without cutting into the backing paper.

Circle shape was used to create, with the size set to 20x20 to ensure correct proportions  

31 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Not usual for a GraphTec to not produce perfect work.  Have you contacted the dealer?

Ive contacted the seller today and theyve asked for a video of the carraige making noise so they can get support team involved :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

When you say the images were created,  am assuming you mean drawn and not traced, correct?

Correct, using the circle shape tool and setting the size to 20x20 to keep it in proportion

59 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you tried a different condition on the vinyl cutter, instead of the one you are using?  

if im right the condition literally just changes the tool, speed and offet??

my condition at the moment is set to the correct tool im using.. but i could give it ago?

Not to state the super obvious, but if everything else looks like it's on the money, have you take a look at the node in the graphic file itself? If you're willing to, paste the file here, and we can help you do some additional trouble shooting.

Just now, haumana said:

Not to state the super obvious, but if everything else looks like it's on the money, have you take a look at the node in the graphic file itself? If you're willing to, paste the file here, and we can help you do some additional trouble shooting.

I can do that not a problem :)
Ill upload a file later tonight when back at the cutter. 

i did try with a fresh new file and used the circle shape tool to create a fresh one but still same issues 

14 minutes ago, arroncollins said:

if im right the condition literally just changes the tool, speed and offet??

my condition at the moment is set to the correct tool im using.. but i could give it ago?

Not sure on the CE6000,  but years back  on Ce5000,  ,  OPS were using condition 1, and it was for the pen tool. and not cutting correctly.  When they changed to condition 2 it worked.  Perfect.  Just trying different options.  

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not sure on the CE6000,  but years back  on Ce5000,  ,  OPS were using condition 1, and it was for the pen tool. and not cutting correctly.  When they changed to condition 2 it worked.  Perfect.  Just trying different options. 

I'll have another look as soon as im in front of it, i believe con2 is pen tool now.

Ive also spoken to the seller and they have asked for a video of  the noisy carriage to see if a support person can come out to it.

Make sure your cutter has the same settings as the Controller.   And looking at your controller  Where is says Initial blade,  you will want that on the outside. Or it will put a tiny j  in your design.   Also on your cutting controller... what does it do,  where it says Condition Priority,  when you click Program and not Manual? 

• Like 1

so quick update,

brand new blade purchased and test

new usb cable tested

cutter factory reset

none of these help.

tested new files and no help, however i noticed one thing.... if i change the direction in which the cutter actually cuts, from clockwise to anti clockwise... the flat spot in the circle changes position. which tells me its not the files and something with the cutter itself

IMG_5411.JPG

don't forget to post the file.

If I may ask, how big is this graphic?

You did not answer my question..  What happens when you put the Condition  Priority on Program?  Your Controller user manual should say what that means.  What does it mean Condition  Priority on Manual or Program?    

My Controller is different,  but it has a place to check whether I am only running my settings from the vinyl cutter only.  Or whether I am running them from the Controller only.  

file looks good other than there was an extra layer for some reason - not really uncommon for files brought over from ai

36 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You did not answer my question..  What happens when you put the Condition  Priority on Program?  Your Controller user manual should say what that means.  What does it mean Condition  Priority on Manual or Program?    

My Controller is different,  but it has a place to check whether I am only running my settings from the vinyl cutter only.  Or whether I am running them from the Controller only.  

sorry, i tried the different settings so it either used cutter settigns or program settings and none made a difference

33 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

file looks good other than there was an extra layer for some reason - not really uncommon for files brought over from ai

yeah file works fine on my other cutters. its odd, if i change the cut direction to clockwise and anti clockwise, the location of the flatspot on the circle swaps corners yet the logo is the same orientation... 

IMG_5411.JPG

1 minute ago, arroncollins said:

Graphtec engineer out... loose carraige causing my issues as suspected

all working now :)

Great that you got it fixed. 

23 minutes ago, arroncollins said:

Graphtec engineer out... loose carraige causing my issues as suspected

all working now :)

That is a new one on a graph Ted, glad you got it worked out though