erock

separating colors

Hello all first time here and a noobie for vinyl master 4.0. 

I have searched every where to find some answers but I'm not having any luck. i have a high school logo that i need to print onto some shirts. i have 3 colors but of course one of them is white (which needs to be printed) because the shirts are black...

I know vinymaster does not recognize white when you vectorize the image. But is there a way to get it to print the white area? 

See the image i have attached

Thanks for your patience with the question that im sure the answer in NO 

HL_SubLogo.jpg

Bobcats_Head.jpg

First, forget the term print. Second, that TM means the image is trademarked and you can run into all kinds of legal issues if your reproduce it without the proper paperwork.

So some general tracing tips, for words, it's best to find the font and recreate the text, tracing text rarely turns out good.

To get the white to be a cutable color, do the trace, put the traced image ontop of a box of any color of your choice, then punch the image through the box. The resulting image will be your white space as a vector object. You'll need to clean up the extra bits of the box that you don't need but that's pretty easy.

There are various other ways to get a negative space into a cutable object but this is probably the easiest to start of with.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply darcshadow. 

Is there any video tutorials on the punch?

As far as the TM goes. Im good to go, the school sent me the images and permissions to use.

Sometimes when doing orders you may have to use another software, when your software is limited.   Here is the FREE version of Signblazer to design in.  I think punch is in it.   There is also another option  Free Inkscape.org   Just export as an .eps. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

• Like 1

If they are providing the permission and image, have you asked if they also have a vector version already? My guess is it would be a PDF file.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.