Raw Customs

VinylMaster Cut V4.0

How do I use these fonts correctly with my VinylMaster Program.

I read somewhere about "discretionary ligatures" but not sure how to turn that on or off or if my VinylMaster Cut V4.0 will even allow it

Thanks in advance for any help

Bernie

sample.jpg

Not sure exactly what you are asking. The circle font for example is actually 3 different fonts, one for the left, one for the right, and one for the middle. Load those 3 fonts, type out the letters in each font and adjust size and position as necessary. I imagine the others would be similar.

• Thanks 1

Often times custom fonts like this will use the lower case letter for the small size, and the upper case for the large. For cases like the circle font, I don't have it installed, but I believe it is a single font download, but once installed you will see multiple versions (left, right, center) of the font in your font selection menu. If not, you can always look at the font glyphs with a font viewer to figure out which glyph represents the letter you want. If you have MS Word you can go to the insert menu, select Symbol then in the window that opens select your font and you'll be able to see all the glyphs in that font. You can also select and copy then paste into your design program.

• Thanks 1

Ok, finally got some time to play around these fonts a little more. The circle font from dafont.com, called Monogramos, is not the full font, it is only 1 of the 4 files needed. The font from dafont is the same letter in all 3 locations. Looks like to get the left, center, and right versions you have to got to Etsy and buy it. If you want to take the time and have the patience, you could use the dafont file, type out the three letters you need, convert the text to curves and the break them apart and rearrange them to get the desired monogram.

If you can give us names of the other fonts you're looking at we can help more.

• Thanks 1

Update: I've browsed through dafont a bit more and found all the fonts you have above, they are all the same as the Monogramos font. The font you download from dafont is the same character for all locations. None of them are "ready to use" monogram fonts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really appreciate all the time you took to look and download and play around with them.

I guess best bet is to just buy them

Again, thanks so much for your help

Bernie

My pleasure, happy to help. If you keep looking you might find other fonts that a free to download. Monogram KK is a decent font, lower case letters are small and capital letters are larger. I've used this font a few times, although I usually adjust the size of the letters a little as I wasn't quite happy with the look.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.