shdooley

SG 800 color blend problems

Our company recently purchased a Sawgrass SG800 sublimation printer and I've run across and issue with color blending. 

The first image is from our old printer and we got a nice smooth blend from the white to the dark blue background.

The second  image is from our new Sawgrass SG800. The blend is very wavy and not very smooth. We print from Corel X8 and We're using the same settings. I've even tried other settings but we keep getting the same results. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

NE_Print_1.thumb.jpg.8a0709cb0c9aca2b21fea4f62a0d0481.jpg

NE_Print_2.thumb.jpg.8917029c69d064a0d55147b4aaec9ce3.jpg

9 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Did you change the color profile to the one from sawgrass?

We are using the profile from Sawgrass.

Just now, shdooley said:

We are using the profile from Sawgrass.

so using the sawgrass power drivers - if so I would call sawgrass  - they have always had spectacular customer service

• Like 2

I'm not a print person, but what does the original image look like? If you take the first image and play around with color settings in a photo editor, I you can get it to look pretty similar to the bottom image. So is it the printer that is the problem, or is it the artwork and the first printer just wasn't able to reproduce it as well.

I think we found a solution. Conde installed their color profile when we first got the printer but we bypassed that with Virtuoso color Manager. It gives us a much better output. I don't know if this will be a permanent solution but It will get our current orders out.

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I'm not a print person, but what does the original image look like? If you take the first image and play around with color settings in a photo editor, I you can get it to look pretty similar to the bottom image. So is it the printer that is the problem, or is it the artwork and the first printer just wasn't able to reproduce it as well.

It's a PSD file with separated layers. I've tried adjusting the image in Photoshop but I'd get the same results.

I think we may have a solution. Thank you for your input.