Sign in to follow this  
ericmschwanke

New CE6000-60 and getting acquainted

Just got the CE6000-60 and have been slowly getting it set up over the weekend. I am using Cut Master 4 with it from my Mac.

I have watched countless videos on setup etc and just have a few questions I couldn't find the answer for or still unsure of.

1. First is blade pressure. I only use Oracle 631 indoor vinyl. Is there a perfect pressure that I should be on? I am on the default #1 cutting condition at the moment.  I Couldn't find what the settings should be for this 631 vinyl which surprised me. When I make my cuts there were sometimes around corners of fonts that is seemed to almost cut through the vinyl backing but on the normal straight sections I could barely feel the imprint on the backing paper.

I did notice when I tested my blade depth on a test page where you draw a circle and check if it cut through the backing paper, that it was almost difficult to draw a circle and wasn't smooth. Is it possible my blade is not properly rotating inside the blade holder? 

2. As for as Cut Master 4, Is there a way to send multiple designs into have cut. With SCAL 3 I used to use I could export files from Illustrator and in SCAL 3 you could arrange different designs to get the most space taken up on a cut. I understand I could just do this in Illustrator and send it over as one image but it is just extra steps. 

3. I will make a cut from a roll, use the down arrow to move the vinyl and cut it, than set it aside and work on another design and cut, I was confused at first because It didn't know where the front edge of the vinyl was anymore and would cut off the paper etc. I stumbled upon the "origin" button. Is this what I should be doing, or is there a way to once again have the cutter search for the front of the vinyl. 

I am always changing rolls and don't want to turn the machine on/off between each roll to find the front. So am I hitting "origin" after lining up each roll?

4. Final question (for now) The roller bars in the back holding the vinyl roll, On my US Cutter Laserpoint I could spin that roller for days it seemed. These on the CE6000 seem very stiff almost (don't worry I don't have the roll lock on), like they don't spin very much, Maybe this is how it is suppose to be but I don't want the machine tugging on the roll after it gets through the slack and taking the vinyl off track. 

Thanks for your help if you can answer any of the questions! 

Posted hundreds of times on here. Applies to any vinyl cutter.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Origin button is on every vinyl cutter.  It determines the measuring of your design to cut. That is the starting point. Origin determines your not cutting off of the vinyl. roll.

If you want to do larger order, your should be prefeeing the vinyl for the entire length of the vinyl. Then the vinyl lays slack behind the cutter.  This cutter has a prefeed feature. Use It... Also helps to keep tracking straight.  The carriage wheels will follow the tracks in the vinyl for tracking. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ericmschwanke said:

Just got the CE6000-60 and have been slowly getting it set up over the weekend. I am using Cut Master 4 with it from my Mac.

I have watched countless videos on setup etc and just have a few questions I couldn't find the answer for or still unsure of.

1. First is blade pressure. I only use Oracle 631 indoor vinyl. Is there a perfect pressure that I should be on? I am on the default #1 cutting condition at the moment.  I Couldn't find what the settings should be for this 631 vinyl which surprised me. When I make my cuts there were sometimes around corners of fonts that is seemed to almost cut through the vinyl backing but on the normal straight sections I could barely feel the imprint on the backing paper.   see skeeters instructions above - 

I did notice when I tested my blade depth on a test page where you draw a circle and check if it cut through the backing paper, that it was almost difficult to draw a circle and wasn't smooth. Is it possible my blade is not properly rotating inside the blade holder? 

2. As for as Cut Master 4, Is there a way to send multiple designs into have cut. With SCAL 3 I used to use I could export files from Illustrator and in SCAL 3 you could arrange different designs to get the most space taken up on a cut. I understand I could just do this in Illustrator and send it over as one image but it is just extra steps. I send them one at a time in flexi unless I make a group in flexi

3. I will make a cut from a roll, use the down arrow to move the vinyl and cut it, than set it aside and work on another design and cut, I was confused at first because It didn't know where the front edge of the vinyl was anymore and would cut off the paper etc. I stumbled upon the "origin" button. Is this what I should be doing, or is there a way to once again have the cutter search for the front of the vinyl. every time you lift the feed rollers it will look for the edges of the vinyl - depending on if you select page or roll it will look for that - now if you select page and have a 50 yard roll installed it will all end up on the ground

I am always changing rolls and don't want to turn the machine on/off between each roll to find the front. So am I hitting "origin" after lining up each roll? when you drop the rollers it should be asking about looking for the edges 

4. Final question (for now) The roller bars in the back holding the vinyl roll, On my US Cutter Laserpoint I could spin that roller for days it seemed. These on the CE6000 seem very stiff almost (don't worry I don't have the roll lock on), like they don't spin very much, Maybe this is how it is suppose to be but I don't want the machine tugging on the roll after it gets through the slack and taking the vinyl off track.   Mine roll very easy - to the point at times I put a weight in the roll to stop it from free rolling

Thanks for your help if you can answer any of the questions! 

grandkids just showed up and have to run

54 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Posted hundreds of times on here. Applies to any vinyl cutter.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Origin button is on every vinyl cutter.  It determines the measuring of your design to cut. That is the starting point. Origin determines your not cutting off of the vinyl. roll.

If you want to do larger order, your should be prefeeing the vinyl for the entire length of the vinyl. Then the vinyl lays slack behind the cutter.  This cutter has a prefeed feature. Use It... Also helps to keep tracking straight.  The carriage wheels will follow the tracks in the vinyl for tracking. 

Exactly what I did to set the blade in the holder. I took it out and cut a scrap piece of Vinyl. I guess I was curious when doing the practice cut on the scrap vinyl why it didn't seem like a smooth circle when I was cutting and when I cut the deeper cuts on the curves of text.

I also watched a video on the larger order and using the Pre feed option. Very cool feature I will be using! 

15 minutes ago, ericmschwanke said:

Exactly what I did to set the blade in the holder. I took it out and cut a scrap piece of Vinyl. I guess I was curious when doing the practice cut on the scrap vinyl why it didn't seem like a smooth circle when I was cutting and when I cut the deeper cuts on the curves of text.

I also watched a video on the larger order and using the Pre feed option. Very cool feature I will be using! 

You were getting deeper cuts when you were cutting the vinyl by hand, or when it was in the machine?

10 minutes ago, haumana said:

You were getting deeper cuts when you were cutting the vinyl by hand, or when it was in the machine?

By hand was fine it just didn't flow smooth into a circle. It looked like a kid learning how to draw a circle with a crayon.

Deeper cuts occurred while in the machine and only on certain parts of cutting a font.

Is your cutting strip still good? or is there a chance that there are already cut lines in it? Is the vinyl laying flat on the cutter, or is there any chance of some 'tenting' going on with it?

If the blade is set correctly it cannot cut past the blade holder.  Less blade , more force is the way to go.   Also what did you set the blade offset at? You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, haumana said:

Is your cutting strip still good? or is there a chance that there are already cut lines in it? Is the vinyl laying flat on the cutter, or is there any chance of some 'tenting' going on with it?

There was only one time it cut on the strip when figuring out how to set the Origin after cutting some vinyl off after cuts. So the strip has one tiny cut but otherwise fine.

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If the blade is set correctly it cannot cut past the blade holder.  Less blade , more force is the way to go.   Also what did you set the blade offset at? You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

Yeah if I had to say it is BARELY sticking out of the blade holder. 

Then you must have too much blade if it cuts through.  If it was correct, the blade holder would be stopping it.   You never stated blade offset.  Actually that machine has a way to set blade depth.  Did you read the instructions for that? 

19 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Then you must have too much blade if it cuts through.  If it was correct, the blade holder would be stopping it.   You never stated blade offset.  Actually that machine has a way to set blade depth.  Did you read the instructions for that? 

I watched a video on it. I will go over that portion again and double check what it looks like and set at.

if you follow the directions in the 2nd post in this thread by skeeter there is literally no way to cut thru the backing 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

if you follow the directions in the 2nd post in this thread by skeeter there is literally no way to cut thru the backing 

Craziest thing is I just found out it comes with an item called "PM-CT-001" it is literally a magnifying glass you stick the blade holder into and measure how far the blade is sticking out. Insane and very helpful. 

2 minutes ago, ericmschwanke said:

Craziest thing is I just found out it comes with an item called "PM-CT-001" it is literally a magnifying glass you stick the blade holder into and measure how far the blade is sticking out. Insane and very helpful. 

it does? hahaha. good to know. hmmm, i need to look at the box of stuff that came with my cutter. i guess i just 'old school' adjusted.

19 minutes ago, haumana said:

it does? hahaha. good to know. hmmm, i need to look at the box of stuff that came with my cutter. i guess i just 'old school' adjusted.

Right! I didn't know a thing like this existed. I am so stoked it worked like a charm in about 5 seconds of adjusting. One test on a scrap piece of vinyl... Viola.

• Like 3

clearly i did not read the owner's manual. i checked my stash of stuff, i absolutely have that magnifier ... still in the plastic wrap, tucked neatly in the box. i don't think i even opened that box to see what was in it. hahaha. that's a handy tool, all cutters should come with that.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, haumana said:

US Cutter has it listed for $110.00