w2dvr

sc2 software mac

i have a sc2 and i use a mac right now i use scal4 I'm trying to find out if theres any other software i can use with my set up

Hiya buddy, let's see if it's possible to get you up and running.

My understanding is Parallels enables Windows-executable files to function on macs. Having said that, you might wish to download and install SignBlazerELEMENTS v7.0.0 (hybrid) and set the SC2 as LiYu type when choosing in cutter SetUp.

Report back to us what you discover in getting this actually functioning on the first try.

• Like 1

Cutting software on the Mac side is really, really  limited compared to Windows. Right now, SCAL/P is the obvious front-runner.

If you're willing to bootcamp/VM Fusion/Parallels your Mac, then the you'd have a lot more options to choose from.

I use the old SignCut Pro 1 with my mac and have not tried the Pro 2 version. I own a dongle for Pro 1 and design in Illustrator so I probably won't be going to Pro 2 but they have a free trial that would be worth trying out if you are looking for something else. Best part about SignCut is that it will run on either platform so if one day you wanted to change to pc (heaven forbid) you're still good to go. I actually cut from an older windows 7 laptop and transfer my files over from my design station via thumb drive. If that computer does the monthly blue screen at the wrong time I can wheel the cutter across the room and connect the iMac and keep on working. 

• Like 1

While not a true cutting program, it is possible to cut from Inkscape. You don't have all the fancy options of a true cutting program, but it gets the job done.