Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

KEN????? mh721 crapped out today

Guest Terry

OK, THE CUTTER HEAD GOES TO THE RIGHT SIDE-TO THE RED RESET BUTTON, AND FREAKS OUT JUMPING LIKE CRAZY AND WILL NOT STOP OR RESET. I TOOK THE FOUR SCREWS OFF THE SIDE COVER, THE RESET BLACK PLASTIC CASING IS BROKE SO IT MOVES OUT OF THE WAY AND WILL NOT RESET, IF I HOLD THE BLACK PLASTIC CASING TOGETHER IT WORKS, GOING TO SUPER GLUE IT IF I CAN. JUST A THOUGHT FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT MAY HAVE TROUBLE IN THE FUTURE.  :) MAY NEED A NEW BUTTON KEN IF I CAN'T GET THE BUTTON TOLERANCE GLUE CORRECT.  :lol: I'M OUT OF COMMISSION...  ;D:thumbsup: CALL THE COPS ON US CUTTER.  ;D  :D

Dang... that sucks Terry.

Just curious... how long have you had your uscutter, and roughly how many feet of vinyl have been through it?

Guest fivestar

Terry you should be able to short out the 2 wires that goes to the button with a screwdriver and see if it is the button or the mobo.  I'd say you could anyhow, I don't have access to mine right now to look but you'd think there is just 2 wires going to the button.

Guest Terry

Terry you should be able to short out the 2 wires that goes to the button with a screwdriver and see if it is the button or the mobo.  I'd say you could anyhow, I don't have access to mine right now to look but you'd think there is just 2 wires going to the button.

ALREADY TESTED IT BY SHORT, IT'S THE RED RESET. ORDERING TWO, HOW EVER I'M SUPPOSE TO. DON'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A JOB AGAIN. CAN'T COST TO MUCH. FIREMALT ABOUT 2 YEARS MAYBE. NOT SURE HOW MUCH VINYL, BUT EASY FIX AND AS FIVE SAID SHORT IT TO GET BY. TOOK TWO MINUTES TO HOLD WITH SUPER GLUE, 20 TO GET MY FIGURES APART FROM BUTTON.  :thumbsup:

TOOK TWO MINUTES TO HOLD WITH SUPER GLUE, 20 TO GET MY FIGURES APART FROM BUTTON.  :thumbsup:

Sounds about right...nail polish remover sometimes can speed it up.

Guest Terry

Ok, after I got it apart from my figures it came apart... H$ll with the button, I twisted the two wires together like fivestar said... freaken thing never cut so accurate.  :D  :thumbsup: smooth man, if it needs to reset I just slide the head over but it seems to not need it, I just cut a file I made with about 20 different shapes and text for a test, turns on and off and cuts great. Easy fix if it ever happens to ya, but remember if it goes right and jumps unstoppable... it's the reset switch cracked.  :lol:

Guest Terry

Look Ma, no button  :thumbsup: less weight, goes faster.  :lol:

post-0-12986519548519_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298651956718_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

lol glad to see you still got the plastic protector on the lcd screen.  :thumbsup:  Glad to see you got 'er working again.

Guest Terry

Any one who owns one should copy and paste in your MS word and save this above, if your not that inclined to dig in to trouble shoot this problem would put you out in a hurry for awhile. Just short the wires like I said above, but at least if your head goes over and freaks constantly, you will know the quick fix.

Guest Terry

lol glad to see you still got the plastic protector on the lcd screen.  :thumbsup:  Glad to see you got 'er working again.

runs like a champ now. I swear my text cuts have closed up better. Makes me wonder if it use to bump the reset when cutting.  :lol:

Guest Terry

Talking to myself...  :D but the next Refine I buy I'm taking the reset button out,  :thumbsup: thing runs SMOOOOOOOTH.  :lol: better than new.

If you would like us to send you a new reset button, just let me know.

Guest Terry

I will only let ya know if smoke comes out.  :)  :)

radio shack has switchs that will work just fine.

Already got him a replacement on the way.

Guest Terry

radio shack has switchs that will work just fine.

:police: you mean those born agains in white shirts, black slacks that want my phone, address, age, color,weight, height, vehicle I drive, how many times I have a bowel movement per day.  :rolleyes:

The last time I went to radio Shack I stood there with my purchase in one hand and my money in the other....for 20 minutes while they signed someone up for a cell phone. I finally laid it down and walked out. Never again.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one lately not satisfied with Radio Shack.  Use to shop there quite often, but in the past year or two I haven't.

Jenny

Love this article:

That is a classic. At least he has the balls to admit he doesn't know.

You are just stressed because you dont know shit about the cutter. Try to calm down and we will help you get it running. I already replied to your post.

It is normal for newbies to feel bad when they cant get their cutter to work, but it can be worked with our help. It took me 1 week to get mine running (beacuse I had no idea how to use it) but it was all good because of the people of this forum.

Joe

Guest fivestar

I have a whole cutter I will sell you the 721  I feel is a POS

I'll give you 50.00 for it.  :huh: