Hey all. I have had my machine for about 4 years now. The last few months I have noticed it will cut one decal perfectly like everything is set the best it could be and then the very next decal it will butcher it (cut through both layers and wrinkle letters)  does anyone else have this problem or know what it could be? Super frustrating as I am cutting 10 16x14 decals so I can only cut one then have to waste the top 12 inches. Wasting too much vinyl

couple of things - try a new blade holder and then use the search box above for directions on checking the belt tension on the mh cutters - I remember people adjusting that after a period of time - 

also never hurts to check your cutting strip for damage from cutting too deep . . .  that is also a consumable item

• Like 2

WARNING! The Mh cutter is prone to hairline fractures in the holder bracket arm (blade retainer-tensioner). Some overtightening on the screw will often and invariably result in cracking the plastic arm. You may not see it at first, but disassembling the entire bracket unit will allow closer (magnifying) inspection and lo and behold, you may discover that infamous cracked piece.

USCUTTER sells replacements. https://www.uscutter.com/US-Cutter-MH-Carriage-Arm

• Like 1

When you say cut through both layers, do you mean it is cutting through the backing paper? If so, you have way too much blade exposed. No matter how badly a cutter is behaving, it should NEVER cut through the backing paper if the blade is adjusted correctly.

Search the forums for Mz skeeter's instructions for setting blade depth.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cantrallcreekcattle said:

Thanks darcshadow and everyone else. I will check it. Yes cutting through the whole paper. 

Here is how  To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1