MrJoel

Head creep... sound from motors between cut

Hey y’all,

my fc8000 seems to have the motors slightly engaged while the unit is inactive (like between cuts).  It just makes a noise kinda like when you advance the rollers but in super slow motion.  If I flick the belt it stops for a few minutes but then you can feel the hum through the belt when it starts back up.  Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Hey y’all,

my fc8000 seems to have the motors slightly engaged while the unit is inactive (like between cuts).  It just makes a noise kinda like when you advance the rollers but in super slow motion.  If I flick the belt it stops for a few minutes but then you can feel the hum through the belt when it starts back up.  Any suggestions?

Is it actually moving or is it the fan kicking in?    My cutter makes noises just sitting there idle.   Kinda growls.  It reminds me to shut it off.   I may be busy with something after it has cut.  It growls.

It doesn’t actually move but I guess a growl describes it...  errrrrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrr

3 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

It doesn’t actually move but I guess a growl describes it...  errrrrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrr

Both of mine do that.  Nothing is wrong with them.  They have always done that.   It growls also if you run it super slow  like speed 2-3

It's probably the servos trying to maintain an exact position.  The thickness of "thin" human hair is 0.04 mm and the resolution of a new FC is 0.005 mm.  So basically it's trying to maintain it's position within a distance 8 times smaller than a human hair.