Pebbles1488

Cutter not initializing

just tried setting it on port 1 and 2. when i try tio cut it gives me the error message 'can not open the output device. error initializing cutter'.

it only doesn't give me and error when its set to its default port4. so frustrating.

mz skeeter, i have tried several usb cables as well as the serial cable. i have a creation pcut ct630 and everything works fine with that plotter its just too small for the decals i have to cut out that's why i am now using the foison c48.

its not new. we stopped using it for about a year on a completely different setup and now the need arised for us to do bigger decals for our business so i took it out of storage to set it up.

we purchased it brand new.

i have seen it work but it was working with artcut and for the life of me i dislike the program. i prefer signblazer. find it much more user friendly.

Maybe try it with a trial software, and see if it will cut with one of them.  Just to see if there is not problems with the cutter.   Vinyl Master.  Signcut have trials. 

13 minutes ago, Ismail Motala said:

thanks MZ SKEETER. Will try it out tomorrow and post what happens. its 2am here in South Africa.

Again, thank you.

You are welcome.  I hope you can get it working without much effort. :D  2am. Party time!!

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Maybe try it with a trial software, and see if it will cut with one of them.  Just to see if there is not problems with the cutter.   Vinyl Master.  Signcut have trials. 

IIRC the 'trial version' of VM cutting software is not able to cut or export.

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

IIRC the 'trial version' of VM cutting software is not able to cut or export.

Thanks,  I didn't know that.  :o

Can you run a test cut from the machine control panel?

The fact that you've got no error message on Com4 but are getting the initializing errors on Com1and 2 leads me to believe there is something going on within Windows regarding the Com Port setup.

Installing the driver (vcp) gives you a Virtual Com Port in your SignBlazer Cutter setup drop-down menu for "Output device" and it should work.

After installing the appropriate driver (Win 7 and 64bit) and then restarting the computer, there should be "STMicroelectronics" virtual port available when the cutter is plugged in.

What Com # is it assigned? You may need to manually go into the Device Properties (from the Windows Control Panel) and change it to Com4 or less.

Ismail, the zipped folder offered above (STM) contains both the 32b and 64b installers. Choose whichever is appropriate for your computer specs, and let us know what happens.

Could it possibly be the baud rate cos on my creation pcut ct630 i just now changed the baud rate from 9600 to 4800 and it gave me the same results as the foison. It shows the artwork being cut but no response from the plotter. changed. maybe the baud rate for the foison c48 isn't 9600.

Any thoughts?

baud rates set, on the port and in signblazer. now must just check that the setting is the same on the cutter from the control panel. i left the cutter at the shop. didn't feel like taking t home with me today. i think once the baud rates are all set on the cutter, in device manager and signblazer (from the six the manual specifies) the machine will cut. will post the results tomorrow.

you guys have been so much help. thank you

BAUD RATES SET TO 38400 ON SIGNBLAZER. DEVICE MANAGER PORT SETTINGS AND ON THE FOISON C48 VINYL CUTTER......................

SUCCESS. IT'S CUTTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS. GOD BLESS!!!

• Like 1