Pebbles1488

Cutter not initializing

HELP!  I got a new computer, hooked everything up, plugged in the MH Refine 721, chose the RedSail RS720C just like on my old computer.  Chose the Blazer: COM3 it should be on, then tried EVERY port option in the output device list.  NOTHING is working!  Can someone please help?  Also, I am using Sign Blazers Elements 6.0 Basic.

1 minute ago, Wildgoose said:

I have never had an MH or a Redsail are they the same thing? Same driver? 

They are one in the same.  The MH Refine 721 is what I purchased from US Cutter, when I installed the Sign Blazers with the bypass of the "enter your authorization code" I had to use the RedSail RS720C and it works great on my old computer, but I've tried everything on the new laptop and it's fighting me tooth and nail.

24 minutes ago, deannasdecals said:

They are one in the same.  The MH Refine 721 is what I purchased from US Cutter, when I installed the Sign Blazers with the bypass of the "enter your authorization code" I had to use the RedSail RS720C and it works great on my old computer, but I've tried everything on the new laptop and it's fighting me tooth and nail.

Did you download, extract and install the FTDI driver?    You have to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deannasdecals said:

Yes, still nothing, unfortunately.

Did the driver install correctly?  Can you find it in your computer?  Did you reboot your computer after installing it?   And baud rate is 4800 for MH cutter.  

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did the driver install correctly?  Can you find it in your computer?  Did you reboot your computer after installing it?   And baud rate is 4800. 

Drivers re-downloaded, re-installed, changed baud rate and restarting now.

Not sure where we are in this troubleshoot escapade, but it seems that SignBlazer should NOT require any codes at start-up, if you're using this HYBRID/NoNagScreens version (shows v7.0.0 in the About menu after install and running the app.)

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

This is where USCUTTER archived the abandoned program.

12 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Not sure where we are in this troubleshoot escapade, but it seems that SignBlazer should NOT require any codes at start-up, if you're using this HYBRID/NoNagScreens version (shows v7.0.0 in the About menu after install and running the app.)

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

This is where USCUTTER archived the abandoned program.

Hello there!  I do not need to log in or anything to SignBlazer, I am using the HYBRID/NoNagScreens version.  But every port I choose for the cutter, when I want to cut in the program, says cutter is not initializing.

1 hour ago, deannasdecals said:

Hello there!  I do not need to log in or anything to SignBlazer, I am using the HYBRID/NoNagScreens version.  But every port I choose for the cutter, when I want to cut in the program, says cutter is not initializing.

What port did Windows assign? That's the port you want to select in SBE.

8 hours ago, haumana said:

What port did Windows assign? That's the port you want to select in SBE.

Port 001 Hub 001.  I literally ent through the whole drop down list in SignBlzers, chose each one, still get the same error.  Normally, I go through each one and eventually one works.  But it's not doing it this time.  I'm so lost.  :(

If the cutter is recognized correctly, Windows will assign a comm port number. Open the "Run" dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key ("Run"), Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Click on the plus next to the Ports list, there you should see something, I forget exactly what it is called but it is basically a USB to serial bridge and there will be a comm number assigned to it. In my case I use an ATEN USB-2-Serial adapter so in my case I see ATEN USB to Serial Bridge (COM1). I would then go into my cutting software and tell it to use COM1.

If you do not know what you're looking at in the device manager screen, take a screen shot and post it here and we might be able to help.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

If the cutter is recognized correctly, Windows will assign a comm port number. Open the "Run" dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key ("Run"), Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Click on the plus next to the Ports list, there you should see something, I forget exactly what it is called but it is basically a USB to serial bridge and there will be a comm number assigned to it. In my case I use an ATEN USB-2-Serial adapter so in my case I see ATEN USB to Serial Bridge (COM1). I would then go into my cutting software and tell it to use COM1.

If you do not know what you're looking at in the device manager screen, take a screen shot and post it here and we might be able to help.

^What Darc said!.  I guess I really need to start explaining myself better. Hahaha...

5 hours ago, deannasdecals said:

Port 001 Hub 001.  I literally ent through the whole drop down list in SignBlzers, chose each one, still get the same error.  Normally, I go through each one and eventually one works.  But it's not doing it this time.  I'm so lost.  :(

You don't assign the COM port, Windows does, then you go into SBE and tell SBE which COM port Windows has assigned to it.

You can typically get there by right clicking "My Computer" and selecting Device Manager. Then look under COM or USB.

9 hours ago, darcshadow said:

DD3910B3-3045-430F-8059-13FD81A65B63.jpeg

And I've selected every option under Setup>Output Device>Blazer LPT1-4, Blazer COM1-4, Blazer FILE, SHRFAX, PORTPROMPT, nul, Summa USB.....They all come.back with the error message. I tried a new USB cord as well.

image.jpg

it's not going to show up as a printer - the ftdi chipset will show up as another form of usb - can you show what is below the list you have expanded in your device manager with the usb cord hooked up and mh turned on?:

just read uscutters new instructions and what you are showing is correct and I was wrong - must have changed over the last 10+ years since I had a value cutter