Sign in to follow this  
collincv

Licensing Problems

Guys and Gals,

First time poster, first time reader (never had a problem until now).  So I bought an MH-871 a few years ago and received vinylmaster cut v4.0 with it.  Installed it on a dedicated desktop to run the cutter... Installed it on my laptop to do design from the recliner...  Installed it at work so I can work from my workstation on my lunch doing design.  So that's 3 computers.  I read online it was only good for one computer, which whatever.  I recently redid my laptop and reinstalled a new OS and now it won't let me put it back on there because it says the license is being used by another computer.  I forgot to release the PSN.  Can I contact vinylmaster and have them release that PSN from that old OS or am I screwed?  Don't want to release it and it take it off my work computer and my cutstation.   I only use this for one cutter and I could understand if it was a modeling/drafting software so that you couldn't have 2 people designing at once and their software costs $10k, but this is just for me and me only.  Any advice?  Thanks,

You can only cut from 1 computer.  But you can design in others. Another forum member who uses it posted this

"You can only have it activated/registered to cut on one computer at a time  (multiple copies can be loaded onto different machines for design work, but only one will be authorized to perform the cut function).

That being said, you need to first De-Activate the VM on your old computer (this is done while connected to the internet).

If you cannot access the older computer, then please contact VM support directly to allow them to deal with this."

4 minutes ago, collincv said:

It's impossible to cut from 2 computers, I only have one cutter

I am just telling you the rules.  Some people have more than 1 cutter.  I do.   I don't even use Vinyl Master.  I use Flexi products.  With Flexi you can download it to as many computers as your want to.  but it takes a USB dongle to make the software work.  The dongle has the user number and password in it. 

All I want is to design, i have my desktop for cutting. this laptop i'm using is used due to pure laziness and wanting to watch netflix and design at the same time

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this