Hello I purchased a Titan 2 28" cutter in November 2018. I have had it for a couple months now and have done tons of small jobs without vary many issues. Now I am wanting to do a few large jobs however the vinyl will not feed straight for longer cuts. I have lined up the vinyl over and over again using the rulers on the machine however by the time i get a couple feet into a roll its moved 1/8" It appears in my opinion that the rulers maybe are not correct and doesn't allow for proper alignment of material to be fed. anyone have any tips or help with this? I have watched several videos on this issue and have tried all of the recommended methods for getting it to feed straight but haven't had any success. I can create and upload a video if that helps i am sure it wouldn't hurt!!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

George Wever

Forget using rulers.  My Graphtec doesn't even have rulers and it feeds straight.  What I do, is make sure the pinch rollers are the same distance, from the edge of the vinyl.  When I get real picky, I use a tape measure and measure like 1 1/4"  from each wheel to edge of vinyl.  I don't know how many pinch rollers your cutter has, but my  30" Graphtec only has 2 and feeds perfect.  My cutter has a prefeed option on it.  And I always prefeed the vinyl for long cuts.  It actually puts the roller marks in the vinyl, so that the cutter follows those marks when I cut my design.  Those pinch roller marks don't hurt a thing.  Always prefeed the entire length of the order and have the vinyl laying to the back of the machine, never pulling on the roll while cutting.  Make sure the vinyl roll is straight on the cutter and  behind the cutter.  I put my hand inside the roll and make sure it is tight under the pinch rollers,   You can see if the vinyl is even across.  If yours does not have a prefeed option then use the arrows of your machine to prefeed the vinyl back and forth. 

• Like 1

If you're cutting from rolled vinyl - it will usually feed pretty straight if you have equal tensions when setting down the pinch rollers.

If it's still going askew, or if you're feeding it a sheet - use the tick marks on the roller and jog your vinyl back and forth through the cut window and watch which way your vinyl is drifting. I till will be pretty obvious quickly and then you can lift just ONE pinch roller and nudge it just a bit, then hold the vinyl in place and do a quick lift and down of the pinch roller(s). jog the vinyl again. keep on doing that until you get the degree of "straightness" coming through the jogging that meets your standards.

If it's drifting off of a roller, then do the same thing to align for straightness, but make sure that you pull enough slack off the roller before cutting so that the pinch rollers will not be tugged by any tension from the roll of vinyl.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Also, keep in mind, unless you're cutting the full width of the vinyl a little drift is not a big deal, so long as the cutting head stays on the vinyl your final results will be good.

But yeah, trying to the use the rulers won't work. They are just slapped on there and it's just luck that they are lined up as close as they are. Load the vinyl run it in and out a little ways and watch the relation of the edge of the vinyl to a roller. If it drifts, lift one roller, adjust the vinyl slightly then try again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Also, keep in mind, unless you're cutting the full width of the vinyl a little drift is not a big deal, so long as the cutting head stays on the vinyl your final results will be good.

But yeah, trying to the use the rulers won't work. They are just slapped on there and it's just luck that they are lined up as close as they are. Load the vinyl run it in and out a little ways and watch the relation of the edge of the vinyl to a roller. If it drifts, lift one roller, adjust the vinyl slightly then try again.

Hahaha, that's what I said. :laugh: