firefighter698

Transfering cutfiles

I bought a new computer and installed my VinylMaster LTR, when I go to the spooler the cutfiles that were on my old system aren't there. Where do I find them on the old computer and where do I copy them to on the new system.

what is the file extension for Vinyl Master files?   You should be able to do a search of your computer, for all of the files extensions.  I don't use  VM.  but my files are in my documents, or downloads, different file extensions.    if you search .eps files   all files should show up etc.   Depending on how many files you have.  You can put them on  flash drive, external hard drive,  or transfer sata to sata.  I have done that before.   But regardless,  you should have already had all of these files backed up somewhere off of your computer.  To be able to access, if your computer crashes.  Even the fonts that you have downloaded.   If your going to run a business or even a hobby, you need to be backing your files up.  If I even do something new,  As well as saving elsewhere.  I also drop it into an email draft and I can access it from anywhere.     

I'm not sure what is in the spooler are actual files. I believe the program stores that info in a database type system. It'd be best to not depend on the spooler history and just load your vinyl master file and send it to the cutter.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.