2 hours ago, livinloudgraphics said:

Why did the shipping go up an extra $2 and when did they start charging taxes on items??

Because everything, including shipping has gone up everywhere.  $11.99  is still dirt cheap. Clear back in June 2018 I had orders and shipping was $11.99.   Guess you don't buy much.   Where can you ship up to 70 pounds for $11.99?   Most any place charges taxes anymore.  USA/Government has been passing laws for online buying.  I am VERY happy when I order  (6) 50 yard rolls and it only costs $11.99.  You should be expecting changes.  Shipping carriers raise prices every year. 

The UPS Sure post option is still only $9.99, and there's no tax when I order. I do know the tax thing can vary state to state, and if the company has stores (not sure if warehouses count) in your state they have to charge tax.

Keep in mind that shipping on cutters & other equipment is not part of that $11.99 deal.

And 9 pounds limit for the $9.99 postal rate is pretty lightweight, not much can ship in a box (or boxes) from the warehouse with that option. Just throw some 30" app tape into any order, it'll far exceed 9 lbs.

Hey, not that it's really part of the topic in this thread, but I noticed USCUTTER is offering Free vinyl color charts. Ask for them to throw 'em into your next order, I'm sure they can.