Sign in to follow this  
Gatorhunter

cutter head goes left to red button, what am i doing wrong ??

I've hesitated for 3 days now to ask a dumb question, but I guess it's not dumb if i don't know. lol

I'm new to vinyl cutting , not to computors.

I've read, tried everything, and i am missing something..

when i send a cut to the cutter it responds but goes all the way to the left and hits the red kill button, so everything locks up and stops.

all i notice that i can't seem to change is the red rectangle sign outline on my screen in sb is about a 1/4" to the left of zero.

so, i tried to move it.  i tried to change the "home" starting spot and it seemed to do it but still runs to the left all the way.

it is trying to load like i would assume it should .  It is new out of the box and i love it .  it just doesn't like something i'm doing or not doing to it right now.

sort of like my wife........lol

i think it will be something one of you would probably laugh at but i'm stuck and would appreciate a little help .  thanks

hope i can help

first on ur control panel press the online buttom to take cutter offline

then press the arrow in the directions to place the carriage where u want it to start on ur vinyl

in the center of control panel there's a plus symbol; press that u will see zeros

then press the online button to put the cutter back on line

u should be ready to go.

note: position vinyl not to close to those red reset buttons

i hope this helps :)

Thanks, but nope,  no matter where i set it to, when i hit the cut button it reacts quickly but goes all the way to the left like it's headed back to china....

I've hesitated for 3 days now to ask a dumb question, but I guess it's not dumb if i don't know. lol

when i send a cut to the cutter it responds but goes all the way to the left and hits the red kill button, so everything locks up and stops.

all i notice that i can't seem to change is the red rectangle sign outline on my screen in sb is about a 1/4" to the left of zero.

so, i tried to move it.  i tried to change the "home" starting spot and it seemed to do it but still runs to the left all the way.

it is trying to load like i would assume it should .  It is new out of the box and i love it .  it just doesn't like something i'm doing or not doing to it right now.

i think it will be something one of you would probably laugh at but i'm stuck and would appreciate a little help .  thanks

I JUST NOTICED THAT ON THE CUTTER IN OF LINE THE X VALUE IS 25500 AND THE Y IS 25856,  WHAT IS THE NORMAL FOR THOSE ?

I JUST NOTICED THAT ON THE CUTTER IN OF LINE THE X VALUE IS 25500 AND THE Y IS 25856,   WHAT IS THE NORMAL FOR THOSE ?

The X Scale on mine is 25795 and the Y is 25858

I'm having the same problem, what i have discovered is the width of the vinyl and the length are reversed if you set your y to the width and the x to the length it will work, very confusing when setting up and looks wrong on the screen but worked when i cut the vinyl. I do not know how to correct the problem i'm using usb conection and played with all the settings. any help is appreciated

Has anyone figured out this problem. I have the exact same problem. I have made sure all settings are the same, I have set the X and Y points, and it still jumps over and hit the left kill button after cutting out one letter. Help! I have a bunch of projects I need to do.

Has anyone figured out this problem. I have the exact same problem. I have made sure all settings are the same, I have set the X and Y points, and it still jumps over and hit the left kill button after cutting out one letter. Help! I have a bunch of projects I need to do.

Post the info requested in my last post here and I can help

I am using SignBlazer and as for the driver, we tried all the drivers. Someone from US Cutter tech support remotely accessed my computer and tried everything they could. They said Ken is the only one that might know what to do. I am using a laptop and the USB.

So Levi at US Cutter helped me figure it out. It was actually really dumb. The cartridge was beginning on the left side of the machine, when it should be starting on the right side (looking at the front). All I had to do was set the cartridge point over on the right. Voila!