Santi

100 small decals price to charge

Hi everyone I'm new on this , my question is how much I should charge for a 100 decals of the size 6.5" x 2" any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. It is for a car dealership advertising to stick it in the back of the cars. They what like 100 of them. Please help me quote this job thanks

Figure out how long it takes you to cut and weed and process 1.  Figure out your costs.    Now make a profit.   I don't go by any ones' prices.  I figure out a profit for me.   I don't care what others charge.   And many charge less than me.  I get and keep good business by my designs and service. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

from what I have seen in our area - car companies are bottom feeders and play one against the other including the grandma with her cricut for the lowest price.  like others above said figure a price that includes your labor at a good rate and either get that price or let them walk. 
 Smaller realtors are another group that do the same thing - the big ones order screen printed signs in qty to save money.

• Like 3

Personally, I stay away from little decals. The money is in big decals.  But you have to have a good cutter to do them.   I can make 1 decal that takes me less time and more money than what your doing to do with that 100 piece order.  But I only sell online.     

• Like 4

You are going to be using a piece of vinyl that measures 22" x  72" in area

A regular calculation for RTA decals is (L + W) /2  and using the above sizing you'll be at about $50.

Do you want to provide decals at 50 cents each? Charge whatever the market will bear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

You are going to be using a piece of vinyl that measures 22" x  72" in area

A regular calculation for RTA decals is (L + W) /2  and using the above sizing you'll be at about $50.

Do you want to provide decals at 50 cents each? Charge whatever the market will bear. 

Never believed in that equation. I always go length times width times what you charge. I was at 7 cents per square inch, but am up to 10 cents now. Also depends on how complex the design is. May go up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Supplies cost a lot more in Canada.

The prices I have are below market.

Besides, 100 individual and not knowing the detail, ya, that is the price.

You can charge whatever you want. If you use the method you state, do a bit of math and find out how that equation is not consistent from small to large.

8 hours ago, slice&dice said:

For this piece (2'x6') you would be at $160 for RTA ??!!  Uh, yeah, no.

The end result is you can easily determine your hard costs (assuming no mistakes). I usually allow for some errors so I don't take a beating should I screw it up. If you know how much you will spend to make them then all the rest is how much you want your time to be worth and if you're smart allow some extra $$ to put toward your equipment. A lot of people try to buy the cheapest vinyl too thinking it will save them a bunch of money. I disagree especially on small decals. Higher end vinyl usually weeds easier and the cost per piece is not significant especial if it ends up costing you time. Product properly bid is paid for by they client, any of your time lost during the build is paid for by your own pocketbook.  

I agree with Dakota and his bottom feeder comment. Unless you have an "in" of some sort good luck getting enough out of those to make it worth it. 

• Like 1

If the dealership has used decals on their vehicles before, then they already have an idea of the price they're willing to pay and are probably looking for a deal. You can always ask them what they've paid in the past and then see if you can, or even want to, beat that price.

i have customers tell me they'd like me to do their decals because i'm reliable and fast. if they have order from someone else before, i will ask them what they've paid in the past. if it's a ridiculously outdated low number, i will them that it is and what an average shop will charge them now days. they usually complain about having communication issues with other companies, or missed deadlines. if i am willing to beat the price, i'll give them a price. if i'm not, then i point them in the other direction. if they're a difficult customer, then i don't bother quoting at all.

• Like 2