duke

CT 630 PCCUT SERIES PLOTTER CONNECTION PROBLEM

Went back to cadworx, fiddled around, lo and behold the cutting gods rescued me.

YES!!!!   I cut out to of my old artwork images.

Please don't ask me how I did it, I had to rasterise one image, but the next one I just wireframed it , sent it to vector cut , and it cut perfectly.

I guess somebody up there likes me.

• Like 2

If you can do that, get your files out in a format you can use with anything else.

• Like 1

That's a good deal. If I were you I would make some notes on what steps you took so you can look them back up if you don't cut regularly. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I hope I don't have to bug y'all again.

Have a great long weekend, over and out.

I had to come back, I realized what I did.

I first had cadworx edition 3, I went and downloaded edition 2, and that is what did it, 3 didn't support PCUT, but 2 did apparantly.(sic) 

I guess that is good to know, if blazer ever goes bonkers.

more info for guys having problems.

If I leave machine running while I am setting up image to cut, when I send image to cutter nothing happens.

I turn power off to plotter for 10 to 15 seconds, turn back on, send image to cutter, and it cuts instantly, go figure.

23 minutes ago, duke said:

more info for guys having problems.

If I leave machine running while I am setting up image to cut, when I send image to cutter nothing happens.

I turn power off to plotter for 10 to 15 seconds, turn back on, send image to cutter, and it cuts instantly, go figure.

lol - I remember my p-cut teaching me lots of it's quirks, ahh the old days that makes me appreciate the graphtec now.  go on vacation for 3 weeks and come back and everything works right away as it should.

• Like 2

Glad you're able to get it to work. Still a good habit to see if you can vectorize your stuff though, because when you need to upgrade (without choice), then all the new stuff cut vector.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

lol - I remember my p-cut teaching me lots of it's quirks, ahh the old days that makes me appreciate the graphtec now.  go on vacation for 3 weeks and come back and everything works right away as it should.

an additional thought - the p-cut like many value cutters is more like a schizophrenic - you never know hour to hour which personality you are dealing with   :P

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

Signblazer good option but you also need to install the ftdi chipset drivers for the usb to work

hi.  did u know how to fix that cannt detect to my computer. my cutter is rabbit 1360. pls help.  ty

1 hour ago, feitan said:

hi.  did u know how to fix that cannt detect to my computer. my cutter is rabbit 1360. pls help.  ty

You need to find out which Com Port Windows has assigned the cutter. To do that, go to Device Manager and expand Ports (COM & LPT). You should see it there, and it should tell you which number it assigned it. Then go to SB and make sure that you have the same Com Port designated, do not leave it on Auto.

Your machine is a cutter, so it will never show up as a Printer, if that's where you're hoping to see it. You just have the connect it, set the Com Port to match, and send a job to cutter.

yah . i already did that . but it doesnt appear in device manager . what can i do with that problem ? do i have to install chipset for that ?

39 minutes ago, feitan said:

yah . i already did that . but it doesnt appear in device manager . what can i do with that problem ? do i have to install chipset for that ?

Have you tried checking this website? http://www.hxlaser.com/show-466.html

nah. i already try of what pictures do . but the problem is when i plug in my usb port which is connected to cutter plotter and cant find in device manager/cannt detect .

Was there an .exe file in one of those downloads for you to install?

Did you restart you computer after installing any possible drivers?