I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 cutter that we have used without any issues for the past 5+ years.  A few weeks ago I got the message: FLASH NV ERROR, I did some research and called Sign Warehouse and they helped us order a new motherboard.  My husband installed it per their directions and we got the message: LOADER V5.30.  I followed the directions on the Graphtec website to install the firmware and drivers per the CE5000-60 manuals directions.   The version of firmware that is on Graphtec's site is v6.40, do I need to try and roll my firmware back to the version that my Graphtec screen is stating, because my screen now states: PLEASE SEND PRG.  I have sent the firmware according to the directions and I have done numerous restarts of both my computer and the cutter.  I have done the up arrow while restarting the cutter, I have also pressed the right and left arrow at the same time I was restarting the cutter.  

Any advice would be appreciated!

I gave you a service manual in the last post for your vinyl cutter. Graphtec CE5000  Did you follow the directions in it and change the dip switches, before changing the board?  And put the settings back to default settings. The directions and settings for the dip switches are in the service manual, as well as showing the default settings and where you can find them on your vinyl cutter.   It is a service manual, not a user manual.  Double check your settings. 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I gave you a service manual in the last post for your vinyl cutter. Graphtec CE5000  Did you follow the directions in it and change the dip switches, before changing the board?  And put the settings back to default settings. The directions and settings for the dip switches are in the service manual, as well as showing the default settings and where you can find them on your vinyl cutter.   It is a service manual, not a user manual.  Double check your settings. 

Yes, I had downloaded the service manual before my husband installed the mother board.  I followed all of those instructions before I had posted, including the dip switches (took us forever to figure that out).  Should I uninstall the motherboard and reinstall it?

And your positive that Signwarehouse got you a Graphtec board and not a rebranded Graphtec board. that they use for their Vinyl Express?   They are different boards.

10 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

And your positive that Signwarehouse got you a Graphtec board and not a rebranded Graphtec board. that they use for their Vinyl Express?   They are different boards.

Yes, it came directly from Graphtec and it says Graphtec on the board.  Thanks for the reply!

10 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I think I would just start over.  Take it step by step. 

I will try that now that it is a new day...fresh start...fresh eyes!

On 2/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, hkarns712 said:

I will try that now that it is a new day...fresh start...fresh eyes!

How did this work out?   

It didn't work...we couldn't keep trying.  We are going to send it off to get fixed but ended up purchasing a new CE6000-60 Plus.  It works!  Thanks for your advice.

21 minutes ago, hkarns712 said:

It didn't work...we couldn't keep trying.  We are going to send it off to get fixed but ended up purchasing a new CE6000-60 Plus.  It works!  Thanks for your advice.

your welcome,  hope you can get it going.