BillBig

New cutter advice, Please

Hello,

I am new to this hobby and I bought a MH-721, it is OK but not what I want.  I am looking for a Quality cutter 15" to 20" table top cutter under $1000.00.  The 28" cutter is to big for my trailer so I need to downsize.  I don't have a lot of room so I have to go compact.  I cut mostly small stuff 3-4 inch on up to 14" but that is about as big as I want to make.  I cut decals and graphics for R/C Boats and cars.  I don't plan on making anything very big, I don't have the work space some looking for a quality cutter in the 15-20 inch range, I have looked to the Graphtec Lite 50, Titan3.  Looking for so advice on what would be best for me.  Thank you in advance Bill.

I have to say Graphtec in any size.  Most of us old timers have Graphtecs.  You will need a servo cutter for quality . But go with the best you can afford. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scratchthejeepguy said:

I have no complaints about my SC2, but I have nothing to compare it to either.

SC2 is wider than 15-20"    SC2 is 28"   " I am looking for a Quality cutter 15" to 20" table top cutter under 1000.00."      

I found a Graphtec Lite-50 on ebay for $750 shipped, it looks like a good deal.  It is 20" so it should do anything I want to .  It look like it comes with some nice software but that means I have to learn a new program, I was using VinylMaster LTR.  Thanks for the input.

You can use Vinyl Master software with it.  Graphtecs can be controlled by most major softwares.   I use Flexi software with mine.  Sounds like a good deal. 

18 minutes ago, BillBig said:

I found a Graphtec Lite-50 on ebay for $750 shipped, it looks like a good deal.  It is 20" so it should do anything I want to .  It look like it comes with some nice software but that means I have to learn a new program, I was using VinylMaster LTR.  Thanks for the input.

2 thinks I would consider - dealers are not allowed to show a lowered price - so guessing not a dealer so not covered under warranty?   shows comes with cut master software which is a plug in for illustrator or corel draw and not full software.   like skeeter said if you already have VM it probably has the drivers for the unit you are looking at

USCutter shows theirs comes with graphtec pro studio which you should be able to download with any new graphtec but again not being a regular dealer I would double check on that - the graphtec pro studio is easily worth $1200-$1500 alone making the new graphtecs a great deal

10 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

2 thinks I would consider - dealers are not allowed to show a lowered price - so guessing not a dealer so not covered under warranty?   shows comes with cut master software which is a plug in for illustrator or corel draw and not full software.   like skeeter said if you already have VM it probably has the drivers for the unit you are looking at

It is a new cutter in the box.  3 of them.   I saw them.  Warranty is in the box when you register.. Warranty is with Graphtec.  Every one of mine were.    No different than drop shipping. 

You are buying one new unit in original boxes and packaging.

The picture shows we have 3 in stock. 

Ships to anywhere in the lower 48 states ONLY. (not Alaska, not Hawaii)

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You can use Vinyl Master software with it.  Graphtecs can be controlled by most major softwares.   I use Flexi software with mine.  Sounds like a good deal. 

Thank you that is good news, not up to starting over.  Bill

That is the one, looks good to me and the price is great, US Cutter is $899.00 plus shipping for the same thing. 

Thanks,

Bill

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It is a new cutter in the box.  3 of them.   I saw them.  Warranty is in the box when you register.. Warranty is with Graphtec.  Every one of mine were.    No different than drop shipping. 

You are buying one new unit in original boxes and packaging.

The picture shows we have 3 in stock. 

Ships to anywhere in the lower 48 states ONLY. (not Alaska, not Hawaii)

saw that but have had problems with other companies that won't honor warranties if bought on ebay thru non authorized dealer is why I mentioned it 

52 minutes ago, BillBig said:

I just read that it has a Stepper Motor, I think I will look at the other models. 

Bill

good catch on that - surprised they sell a stepper motor - I am sure it is a finer resolution stepper but after having a servo would be very hard to go backwards here 

• Like 1

Yes, it is a stepper.  I never knew that,  I was always just turned off by it, because it was only 20" and it didn't have a stand.   I saw Coastal has it.... price.   $799.  Free ship Open box,  It does say high precision. Guaranteed. 

• Like 1

There is surely different grades of stepper motors and the rest of the components come into play as well. Remember the venerable copam that USC used to sell always had a good reputation for pretty good accuracy and reliability. I always attributed that to better components and probably higher grade steppers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

There is surely different grades of stepper motors and the rest of the components come into play as well. Remember the venerable copam that USC used to sell always had a good reputation for pretty good accuracy and reliability. I always attributed that to better components and probably higher grade steppers. 

I had 2 copams  and they were the best stepper motor plotter I have used, so agree on quality makes a difference.  

• Like 1

Thank you for all the info to think about.  I think I will try the Lite-50 out, it fits my needs well.  The next step is to go to the CE 6000-40 Plus and it is $1200.00, super nice machine.

Thanks,

Bill

1 hour ago, BillBig said:

Thank you for all the info to think about.  I think I will try the Lite-50 out, it fits my needs well.  The next step is to go to the CE 6000-40 Plus and it is $1200.00, super nice machine.

Thanks,

Bill

there is also the Titan3  15"  desktop  which is a servo cutter.  on Sale for $645.  Max cutting  15"  Which has ARMS. 

https://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-3-ARMS-15in-Table-Vinyl-Cutter

On 2/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

SC2 is wider than 15-20"    SC2 is 28"   " I am looking for a Quality cutter 15" to 20" table top cutter under 1000.00."      

Oops missed that.  Good catch.

For no bigger than what you're looking, you might be able to get by with a Cricut. I have no experience with one but my sister has one and I've been pretty impressed with the level of detail it can do.

I will follow up on this.  Thank you to all that took time to reply.  I bought a Graphtec CE Lite-50 for the guy on ebay.  I spent most of the day setting it up and I am very happy with it.  It is a quality piece and works great.  It has a 130 page owners Manuel so I have lots to learn.  I look forward to downloading the Graphtec Pro and learn that program, I hope it has more to offer than VM Letter.  A gain Thank you for the Help.  Bill 

• Like 2