I cannot help anymore, If the cutter is not communicating with the computer, only randomly, then there is nothing that I can do. How long is the new cable?  Should keep around 6ft-8.    Too long will lose  communication. 

how close to the right side do you have your vinyl.?  Make sure it is a little over 1 inch from right side. 

From a previous poster with the same problem

"

Okay! After a brief chat with customer service... My problem wasn't the length of the vinyl, but the edge-to-edge width. I had my 24" vinyl centered in the cutter rather than pushed toward the right hand side, and it was tripping the sensor. I moved the vinyl about an inch from the right-hand side, and it solved my problem."

•  

vinyl is 1 1/2 inches from right side still says oversize I guess I will have to wait until support open just sad I have brand new cutter that won't work lot of money wasted. Thanks again for all your help

4 minutes ago, STUF"N"MOR said:

vinyl is 1 1/2 inches from right side still says oversize I guess I will have to wait until support open just sad I have brand new cutter that won't work lot of money wasted. Thanks again for all your help

Your money is not wasted at all. You have just not learned how to operate it. This is a very skilled job.  You will not learn this job in a day or even weeks. There are several sensors on this machine, It is just not plug it in and do the job. Be patient, and while your waiting learn your software. 

And while your waiting.  How did you set your blade depth? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUF"N"MOR said:

1/2 credit card width and a little more you barley see it

That is about 10 times too much blade exposed,   There are many wrong instructions out there for setting blade depth.  This is how to set the blade depth correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip of the blade.

• Like 2

I have a Graphtec vinyl cutter, which also has many sensors. If you don't have everything lined up just right, they will not operate. Sensors for media, sensors for pinch rollers, carriage head.  Do you have your  pinch rollers exactly over the grit area below the pinch rollers? As they must be.   

The workspace and/or design you have might be larger than the media width that is designated in the Vinyl Spooler settings.

• Like 2

I'm coming in late to this party, but in all cases of cutters having some sort of glitch with something (communication, design parsing, drivers, etc) and you want to verify if the issue is with the hardware or software, the most obvious way to troubleshoot without investing a lot of time (nor spending any money) is to download and install SignBlazerElements and check the functionality of your system using this program.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

I'm coming in late to this party, but in all cases of cutters having some sort of glitch with something (communication, design parsing, drivers, etc) and you want to verify if the issue is with the hardware or software, the most obvious way to troubleshoot without investing a lot of time (nor spending any money) is to download and install SignBlazerElements and check the functionality of your system using this program.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Oh for heck sake. Let's not further confuse this person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night I got it to work by using a different software I was using Vinyl Master Cut that came with it, so I switched over to Sure Cuts A lot I had with my Scan N Cut and it worked perfect but I am limited on 12" wide I think but will keep working on

Did you try as stated above and make the layout screen smaller?  Make it 22" wide.   New Document 22" wide.  and keep your design inside of it.   With Vinyl Master. 

Are you starting your blade inside of the right pinch roller?   To the left of the right pinch roller?  Not sure how that cutter operates or where the sensors are.   My cutter has magnets where the pinch rollers are and you cannot cut past them, unless I turn my sensors off.   Not sure on that cutter.

I would try UScutter this morning.  They are on Pacific time

Many are using Signblazer with the Titan.  They are using the Copam 2500 as their set up. Many same drivers work for different cutters. 

clearly we want to help you, trust me - the bold shouty caps will not help your cause.

Sign Blazer may not have the listing for a Titan, but there is a high probability that there is a listed cutter that will work - you need to be patient and try them. Like Mz Skeeter said, some Titan users are using the Copam 2500 listing, my LaserPoint uses the PCut. Just give it a try - it'll only cost you a little time, which is what this has costed the rest of us who have responded to try and help.

• Like 2

So now that your cutter is communicating with the computer this error has to do with one of just a few things. I don't own a Titan so I don't know what options it has but you probably need to tell the cutting software what width you have available to cut. Your pics are fuzzy but appear to be saying 28 inches. Do you in fact have 30 inch vinyl loaded? if not this could be it. Measure your available space and by that I would suggest starting with the distance between the outer two pinch rollers. You can often cut past the rollers but just to help eliminate possible triggers use the distance between the roller or even a half inch less than that. Should be somewhere around 22 to 23 inches. Some cutters have the ability to tell the software how much space there is once you load the vinyl. I don't know that the Titan does nor do I know if the version of Vinyl Master you have is able to receive that data. You should be able to input it manually. 

If the above change doesn't help try rotating your design 90 deg. If your design happens to mysteriously be larger than your cutter can cut in one pass it may throw an error. In one picture it shows a weird empty triangle with a dimension of something like 27.960 inches which may be out of the cutting area of even a 30 inch machine depending on where you happen to have your zero position set. 

That makes me also ask did you reset your zero position? Do you know how to do that? Typically you manually run your cutter blade over so that it is just inside the Right side pick roller and feed enough vinyl through that it's at least an inch past the blade and then you will set that as the zero position. If somehow your cutter thinks half way across your material is zero it will only be working on the far half of your available space. Again some machines set the origin when new material is loaded but I kind of doubt the Titan does this. 

The other possibility is that your design software has a working art board or workspace or cutting board or whatever your want to call it that is larger than the vinyl you have. Theoretically if your design is small it shouldn't matter but if all the other things fail attempt to make a change there so that your cutting are is well inside of what you have until you can get going and get past this first learning curve hurdle. I am pretty sure Sure Cuts a Little only cuts what fits on your cutting board and you would have to change the size of it to the available size of your cutting area. When I had SCALP (Sure Cuts a Lot Pro) I used this fact to tile jobs that were too big by sliding my design half off the cutting mat and it would only cut what was on the mat. (that's totally beside the point, and I didn't like SCALP)

If none of these things helpI think your need to spend about 12 hours CAREFULLY watching both the VinylMaster and Titan help videos. I am sure it is some silly little thing that is causing you the issue. When you do figure it out, which you will sooner or later, please be sure to post the fix for the next poor soul to find quicker than you have been able to. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking it's a workspace vs. cutting/vinyl spooler etc. setting. I am always checking and double checking my work space size (design area), and the vinyl size on the cutter side settings.

You can also try to start a new job, and do something simple like a square, or circle, or text.

• Like 1

I posted this once before and OP never replied.  Did she ever move her vinyl over to the right hand side of the cutter?   That cutter has a max cutting width of 24" . And according to this post, that cutting width of 24" is starting 1" from the right side of the vinyl cutter. If the vinyl is too far to the left, it is tripping a sensor. 

This is the answer that was posted from before

Posted October 9, 2018

• Okay! After a brief chat with customer service... My problem wasn't the length of the vinyl, but the edge-to-edge width. I had my 24" vinyl centered in the cutter rather than pushed toward the right hand side, and it was tripping the sensor. I moved the vinyl about an inch from the right-hand side, and it solved my problem

• Like 1

That's probably it Skeeter. Or at least the part where her software thinks the vinyl is 28 inches if it's just a standard 24 inch machine that might do it too.