Dakotagrafx

Stay safe everyone

we will only be down to -20 the next 2 nights but heard from MN that they will be -40 or lower

everyone stay safe and warm - hunker down till Sunday when it warms way back up

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

-40.................Dear LORD that's cold

I think she said there wind chill will be -65 - so cold they cancelled mail deliveries thank goodness 

I am at -1 waiting for the next -18 to roll in  about 9 am.     -55 wind chill here.   It will be a high of -10 here Wednesday. 

• Sad 3

What's crazy is out here in the west we have been staying above freezing at night and in the upper 40's in the daylight for several weeks. Freakish weather for January around here. It's actually caused issues with our underground pipe crews who usually tread on frozen ground this time of year but are having to slog through deep mud. We usually have to deal with this in March but it appears we will deal with it all winter this year. 

27 minutes ago, mfatty500 said:

We're up to a whopping -21, with a wind chill of -51, here in the far west suburbs of Chicago

hoping everyone all over is safe - we are up to a whopping -9  (wind chill -39) so pretty warm compared to you in Chicago

Stay safe

Grew up in a small farm town an hour south-west of Chicago and sub-zero temperatures weren't that uncommon.  After 30 years living in the South I can't wrap my head around being that cold.  It's 22 here right now and I worry about the dog when he goes out to the bathroom.  My thoughts are with all of you up north. . . stay safe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ShaneGreen said:

Grew up in a small farm town an hour south-west of Chicago and sub-zero temperatures weren't that uncommon.  After 30 years living in the South I can't wrap my head around being that cold.  It's 22 here right now and I worry about the dog when he goes out to the bathroom.  My thoughts are with all of you up north. . . stay safe!

blinds all down to keep heat in - so watch dog from security system and don't let him stay out over 5 minutes even though he doesn't want to come in.   stay warm and safe- at 22 with humidity it can feel real cold 

P1190123.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

blinds all down to keep heat in - so watch dog from security system and don't let him stay out over 5 minutes even though he doesn't want to come in.   stay warm and safe- at 22 with humidity it can feel real cold 

P1190123.JPG

Your dog looks awesome!

• Like 1

Temp and humidity is weird. Grew up in Indiana, living in Texas now and I'm surprised at how cold I feel at times when I know I've dealt with much much colder temps in the past. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Temp and humidity is weird. Grew up in Indiana, living in Texas now and I'm surprised at how cold I feel at times when I know I've dealt with much much colder temps in the past. 

I am in Indiana,   where did you live? 

19 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Your dog looks awesome!

He's a peach - you have to burrow in the snow to see what your feet touched - always solid ice on face and feet - then when he comes in sits and chews the ice off for extra treat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShaneGreen said:

1 hour ago, ShaneGreen said:

What town did you live in, in Illinois?

mfatty, I grew up in Seneca. College in Decatur and then lived in Mount Prospect and the Rockford area before running away from the snow and ice!

Dakota, I'm with you on the humidity.  Spent New Years on top of a mountain in Colorado a few years ago. It was cold, but comfortable.  Got back here to 25 degree warmer weather and felt chilled all month. The humidity gets you down deep.     ~  I used to have golden retriever that would burrow down in the snow like that and do everything he could to stay outside. The Vet said not to worry, that he'd let me know when it got to cold. . .still couldn't bring myself to let him stay out very long.

58 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am in Indiana,   where did you live? 

Grew up outside of a little town called Royal Center, not to far from Logansport and about an hour north of Lafayette.

My father was a livestock auctioneer at Stoney Pike Sale Barn Logansport,  until 1972 when he passed away.    I am about 40 miles SW of Fort Wayne. 

Shane, I know exactly where Seneca is, I have family in Morris & Ottawa, LaSalle/Peru, small world indeed

• Like 1

Sure is a small world.  Growing up we had to go to Morris or Ottawa if we wanted fast food. . .or anything.  I only get up there now for weddings and funerals.