OldFatBald

Newbie with SC2 and AutoCAD for creating Paint Stencils

Regarding the advance after plot, I don't know on yours, but I would assume it behaves the same as mine, be sure to hit the origin button again if you're going to do another cut. If you don't it will try to go back to the origin where the first cut started and either ruin your first cut, or if you cut off your vinyl, it'll feed back, unloading the vinyl and then cut the cutting strip.

Back to HELP> HELP TOPICS>  Search> weed>  It brings up Speed and Weed boxes, which explains each one.  That TOPIC section is invaluable.  Just search for the word.    There is HELP TOPICS and KEYWORD SEARCH.  Many actual lessons in there..  These software and vinyl cutter companies have already taken the time to answer all of these questions, and they are very easy to look up.  Take some time to learn your software.  This is not a 1 or 2 day course.  This is why this job is considered a skilled job.  There is lots to learn, and the fact that you can download a free trial of the softwares to learn ahead of time,  gets you started before you ever get your vinyl cutter.  This job is practice, practice.   It really baffles us, when people get a vinyl cutter for the first times,  they know nothing, and day 2 they are saying, " I don't know what to do, I am already behind on orders"    You should know your software and vinyl cutter very well and know how to transfer tape your decals, before you even consider selling.  Maybe do stuff for a friend. 

• Like 1

Yes, the help section in VinylMaster is one of the best help menu's I've ever come across. Loads of great information in there.

If you're using VinylMaster, I went to their YouTube channel and watched EVERY video. Grab a pen and paper and make notes. I listed the name of the video and the minute and second they started talking about the thing I was noteing.   Not everything will apply to you, but you'll start to pick up little bits and pieces that will later be second nature.  Videos that I knew were important I watched multiple times. 

Then take a cheep roll of vinyl and practice. Then practice some more.  Just learning to properly set the blade to Mz Skeeter's instructions eliminated a huge chunk of my headaches. I probably used up over 200 square feet of cheep stuff before trying my first roll of 651.   What a difference a good vinyl made! By starting with the cheep stuff and a factory blade I learned a lot of invaluable lessons.  I've burned through yard after yard of 24" vinyl learning before ever attempting to sell anything.  It's a long process to get decent at what you're doing.  Be patient.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.