jeannemritz

My Macbook and my MH series 34" cutter

Check the pinch rollers to see if there's anything you can do to adjust the tension.

I don't know if the MH has specific pinch roller areas like some of the other cutters, which require you to place the pinch roller over specific parts of the roller bar <- I wish manufacturers would do that (sigh).

You can also try placing the pinch roller closer together, if the cutter allow it. the rollers should be fully adjustable to accommodate what you're cutting, just as long as it's not teeny-tiny.

What size vinyl are you trying to cut? it is a sheet, or roll.

1 minute ago, jeannemritz said:

I have been on here for ... days.   Google states this cutter in the top 10.

On the internet? Must be true. LOL

• Haha 2

I didn't know Google ran vinyl cutters.     Just check the   MH section of this forum at all the problems.   Maybe top 10 in sales of value cutters.   Not reliability.  That is only because they are cheap.  But with vinyl cutters, it is true, you get what you pay for. 

Just now, bikemike said:

Experienced feedback is exactly what you got. We can't fix the problems you are having.

You made a boo boo, we can't fix that.

You have had a lot of suggestions, but it seems you want to fix what can't be fixed.

Buy a cheap windows computer for well under $100.

thanks .. as stated.  already did that. 

4 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Experienced feedback is exactly what you got. We can't fix the problems you are having.

You made a boo boo, we can't fix that.

You have had a lot of suggestions, but it seems you want to fix what can't be fixed.

Buy a cheap windows computer for well under $100.

As stated, already did that.  Thanks.

Show us where your rollers are. Without vinyl, just the position over the bottom roller.

try it with just 2 pinch rollers, just make sure that the rollers are not a very edge of the vinyl - give yourself an at least an inch for the edge.

if it's binding, you might also need to take another look at blade depth, and possible blade force.

I know you said it was difficult to design in VM, have you considered designing in something else then just importing it so that you use VM for cutting only? I would love a one-stop shop software, but often times I ended up having to PhotoShop with a design, then to Inkscape to vectorize it, then to Sign Blazer for final clean up and cutting. I'm sure other on the forum are well versed in Corel or Illustrator, so they don't go through as many steps that I need to sometimes, or they're just so familiar with whatever cutting software they're using, that they can do it all in one ... I'm not that talented.

5 minutes ago, haumana said:

Check the pinch rollers to see if there's anything you can do to adjust the tension.

I don't know if the MH has specific pinch roller areas like some of the other cutters, which require you to place the pinch roller over specific parts of the roller bar <- I wish manufacturers would do that (sigh).

You can also try placing the pinch roller closer together, if the cutter allow it. the rollers should be fully adjustable to accommodate what you're cutting, just as long as it's not teeny-tiny.

What size vinyl are you trying to cut? it is a sheet, or roll.

Trouble with sheets mostly, but a roll doesn't correct either. 

haumana is correct on blade depth,  too much blade exposed will cause your vinyl to go wonky.  This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.   You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

Jeannemritz. I'm trying to sort through the haze of confusion. Your cutter is slipping the vinyl. Often new owners mis-pace the pic rollers so that they are not on the right spots on the drive shaft. I know because I did it myself after successfully cutting for a couple weeks. Accidentally moved a pinch roller over and it was then not over the proper grit surface and it went wonky and it took me a whole evening to figure out what went wrong. 

Generally speaking we suggest NEVER adjusting the pinch roller tension. Occasionally they come out of wack I suppose but they are problematic to get set correctly and usually the factory gets them set about as good as you can at home but thats not gospel. 

Your search on google was misleading and possibly a result more to the actual QUANTITY that was most sold. The MH is one of those Door Buster deals that attract attention but as noted previously are the very cheapest model available (for a reason). At Least you aren't in too deep financially if you decide to bail and go a different route. 

The forum group of regulars, many of which have chimed in to try and help out, are experienced veterans of the cutting process and I can tell you without hesitation no flaming or smack down you felt was aimed at you was what was meant. You know how easy it is to mis-read someones comments in writing and get the wrong message from a post. Give them the benefit of the doubt and they will offer you the same. 

• Like 1

Does anyone mind telling me what kind of cutters you all are using?   SC2 is available here, but there are only that and the MH series at USCutter

Ok. they are over the grit part.

Are you rolling the vinyl back and forth before cutting to make sure there is no drift in the vinyl position?

1 minute ago, bikemike said:

Ok. they are over the grit part.

Are you rolling the vinyl back and forth before cutting to make sure there is no drift in the vinyl position?

If by rolling you mean testing with my fingers for "snug" sitting vinyl, yes.

Oh, and never trust that taped on ruler to adjust your vinyl. It was put on by a kid in china that don't care what you do.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Jeannemritz. I'm trying to sort through the haze of confusion. Your cutter is slipping the vinyl. Often new owners mis-pace the pic rollers so that they are not on the right spots on the drive shaft. I know because I did it myself after successfully cutting for a couple weeks. Accidentally moved a pinch roller over and it was then not over the proper grit surface and it went wonky and it took me a whole evening to figure out what went wrong. 

Generally speaking we suggest NEVER adjusting the pinch roller tension. Occasionally they come out of wack I suppose but they are problematic to get set correctly and usually the factory gets them set about as good as you can at home but thats not gospel. 

Your search on google was misleading and possibly a result more to the actual QUANTITY that was most sold. The MH is one of those Door Buster deals that attract attention but as noted previously are the very cheapest model available (for a reason). At Least you aren't in too deep financially if you decide to bail and go a different route. 

The forum group of regulars, many of which have chimed in to try and help out, are experienced veterans of the cutting process and I can tell you without hesitation no flaming or smack down you felt was aimed at you was what was meant. You know how easy it is to mis-read someones comments in writing and get the wrong message from a post. Give them the benefit of the doubt and they will offer you the same. 

Pretty tough crowd for a rookie.  If I was experienced and all that jazz, I would not need the forum, correct?   So new, rookie questions might be accepted and/or bypassed if you don't have a helpful response.  I did put myself out there and state that the cutter was a quick purchase and perhaps a mistake that I would like to make the most of at this point.   

1 minute ago, jeannemritz said:

If by rolling you mean testing with my fingers for "snug" sitting vinyl, yes.

No, use the arrow buttons to go back and forth to see how the vinyl will track.

1 minute ago, bikemike said:

Oh, and never trust that taped on ruler to adjust your vinyl. It was put on by a kid in china that don't care what you do.

hahaha.  I have had many a cut ruined by the right hand start margin.   

Just now, jeannemritz said:

Pretty tough crowd for a rookie.  If I was experienced and all that jazz, I would not need the forum, correct?   So new, rookie questions might be accepted and/or bypassed if you don't have a helpful response.  I did put myself out there and state that the cutter was a quick purchase and perhaps a mistake that I would like to make the most of at this point.   

We are trying.

There was not a forum here when I started in 2006.  I taught myself  and still teach myself.  I may be older than you at 69.  

Just now, bikemike said:

No, use the arrow buttons to go back and forth to see how the vinyl will track.

Well then, there is an idea.  thanks

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

put the speed at slow,  and  like we suggested, make sure the blade depth is set correctly. 

I have checked the blade depth, seems perfect.   Or as close to perfect as it gets. :)