Sign in to follow this  
jeannemritz

Sir Cuts A Lot and my MacBook

Hi!!

I have an mh series 34 inch cutter .... I want to know if I purchase sir cuts a lot, will the cutter work with the software on my macbook???

MH cutters are not Mac compatible.  It states that on their ads.   Possibly you could try it on Bootcamp  or other Windows on your Mac

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

HMM  ... others have had luck with different software... making it work.  But this means I need a new cutter or a new laptop?

Sign cut... apparently

Others may be smart enough to make it work, but because it stated, it is not compatible with a Mac, you will not get any support for trying to make it work on a Mac  .  That cutter is a bottom of the barrel cutter with many known problems.  Static, memory, tracking, communication.  We always steer people away from that cutter.   The SC2 and any cutter above would be better than the MH cutter. 

I have their MH series 34" cutter.   It won't cut smaller pieces, they "wonk" and twist.   Many of my other problems with it are the software VinylMasterCut...  editing is difficult, my cricut is better at design..  It eats more vinyl than it produces.   So I was thinking of buying Sir Cuts A Lot to assist me with some of these issues and make my cutter more proficient and useful for my business.   Nowadays I use my cricut more...

Many problems with Sure Cuts a Lot software,   They only include it to offer something for a Mac.  Your biggest problem is the MH cutter.  You can edit in FREE inkscape.org. and import into Vinyl Master.   And the MH cutter will run better on a serial cable or a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.   That is the brand name.  Those cutters do not have TRUE USB.  

example only  find the best price. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-PC-Mac-USA-19HS/113534390768?hash=item1a6f2d51f0:g:yBsAAOSwcZ1cNBmS:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true