Kstill2671

Q42 cutting small letters issues

You have a rebranded Graphtec and your wasting your time, rounding corners on fonts and making them look like they were done on a value cutter.  My 2c.   Back to why your doing it to start with.   For problems you don't even have.   Make them look like they were professionally done with a professional vinyl cutter.   Graphtecs are known for their cutting great details. 

55 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You have a rebranded Graphtec and your wasting your time, rounding corners on fonts and making them look like they were done on a value cutter.  My 2c.   Back to why your doing it to start with.   For problems you don't even have.   Make them look like they were professionally done with a professional vinyl cutter.   Graphtecs are known for their cutting great details. 

Yes you are correct, that is one of the main reasons why I chose this cutter. But there are actually times sharp points need to be rounding. Regardless if needed or not, I expect this cutter to be able to perform the cuts needed. Obviously it will, just not by the auto rounding feature. 

28 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the plotter is only as good as the data fed into it - 

I agree!

Ive had it for about a year, I bought it new with LXI Master Plus for $3k the day before they raised the price of the same package to $5k.  I also use my Enduracut2 quite often for smaller files under 24" , The Q is so much more accurate that when I load a file that was cut for years on my enduracut into the Q you can really see all the imperfections, I have had to go in and remove points and nodes from many files to get them to cut clean and smooth that the enduracut2 skipped right through because it wasn’t as accurate.  I do love the Q and this has been the only issue ive ran into and now ive got it figured out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kstill2671 said:

I agree!

Ive had it for about a year, I bought it new with LXI Master Plus for $3k the day before they raised the price of the same package to $5k.  I also use my Enduracut2 quite often for smaller files under 24" , The Q is so much more accurate that when I load a file that was cut for years on my enduracut into the Q you can really see all the imperfections, I have had to go in and remove points and nodes from many files to get them to cut clean and smooth that the enduracut2 skipped right through because it wasn’t as accurate.  I do love the Q and this has been the only issue ive ran into and now ive got it figured out.

What do you have  Curve Quality at in your cutting software?  I run mine at medium quality.   Not high quality  or it will show all of that.   

16 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

What do you have quality at in your cutting software?  I run mine at medium quality.   Not high quality  or it will show all of that.   

Its on medium quality right now, but ive used both high and medium quality. Honestly I haven't spent any time test cutting on the different quality settings, maybe that will be my next adventure when I load an older file into the Q. Ive mostly used the Q for larger decals 30" and up with no issues so I really dont have a lot of experience with it yet. Im just now taking the time to fine tune things with smaller decals on it.

I don't have any problems cutting small or very large.  I do a lot of both.  I just change speed.  I am lucky enough to have the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  I don't think you have that with the Q series.   I don't change any settings directly on my cutter.   All done from my computer. 

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I don't have any problems cutting small or very large.  I do a lot of both.  I just change speed.  I am lucky enough to have the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  I don't think you have that with the Q series. 

I will play with the curve quality some more. And no I don’t have that option. I have it downloaded but it says I don’t have a driver for it so I haven’t been able to use it. I thought about emailing graphtec to see if I can get a driver to use with the Q series. 

All support is thru Signwarehouse for the Q series,  that is why it is cheaper.  It also cannot be ran on a Mac, which is why it is cheaper. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kstill2671 said:

I will play with the curve quality some more. And no I don’t have that option. I have it downloaded but it says I don’t have a driver for it so I haven’t been able to use it. I thought about emailing graphtec to see if I can get a driver to use with the Q series. 

explored that in years past the the q and qe series has a proprietary chipset on the mainboard that prevents it from using any of the graphtec software, drivers, etc.  part of the deal is ALL support has to be provided by SW  - graphtec won't touch them - part of the reason for the big priced drop on the private labeled and until 2 years ago most shipped without arms feature - which I now see is standard as it should be .    

• Like 1

Now that graphtec offers graphtec pro studio for free with their plotters it really takes the savings out of the current q series by the time you buy ve-lxi master plus (which I also use) 

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Now that graphtec offers graphtec pro studio for free with their plotters it really takes the savings out of the current q series by the time you buy ve-lxi master plus (which I also use) 

It is not FREE on the Plus cutters. Or newer  FC8600 after May 2017 You have to buy it, called  Graphtec Pro Studio Plus.   

Only Available For: FC8600 (May 2017 and earlier), FC8000, CE6000 (not plus version), FC4500, FC2250

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It is not FREE on the Plus cutters.  You have to buy it, called  Graphtec Pro Studio Plus.   

didn't know they changed that - I got it free with my ce6000-60 - not a plus

They didn't change it,  always was this.    Only Available For: FC8600 (May 2017 and earlier), FC8000, CE6000 (not plus version), FC4500, FC2250

what is the difference to the graphtec pro studio (not plus) - that IS included with their plotters?   from a quick glance looks like same features as my graphtec pro studio which is almost identical to my ve-lxi master plus   (ve softwre also came with rhinestone part)

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/vinyl-cutter-cut-plotter-ce6000-plus

There isn't any software there to download called  Graphtec Studio plus,,  There is only a pdf  manual and a license agreement.    There is Graphtec Studio

31 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Yes I was shocked at the $2k overnight price increase, that's a significant jump and if anyone was to purchase now they can get the graphtec name for the same price, it doesn't make any sense, and yes mine came with the arms

35 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

didn't know they changed that - I got it free with my ce6000-60 - not a plus

It came free with my ce6000-60 plus. If you go to the Download Software page, and scroll down a bit, you can see the software offerings.

That's how I got my free Graphtec Pro Studio to run on my Win7, and Graphtec Studio to run on my Mac.

• Like 1

Yes I saw the page. And the download links,  but you have to have the Activation code from Graphtec to make it work.    When you click on the Activation code request link it goes,  to what I posted above, which does not include CE6000-60 Plus.    Are you seeing something different? 

GRAPHTEC PRO STUDIO (STANDALONE DESIGN & CUT SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS ONLY)

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form  

Yah, so I clicked that (software request) link, while my ce6000-60 plus was in transit, so i could hit the ground running with the software upon arrival.

Turns out, I didn't need to fill out the form, I just had to be patient. In the box was a flyer that provided the link address that i could download the software. The only thing necessary to activate it was my machine's serial number. I managed to download both PC and Mac versions of the software, got them both installed, and successfully tested the cutter on both platforms, all the software were free ... well, it was included with the cost of the cutter, which wasn't so free. :lol:

But at the end of the day, I still use SBE.

Trust me, Graphtec knows which serial number goes with each cutter.  I tried using my FC70000-MK2-75  serial number,   it was denied.   But when I bought my  used FC8000-75  they sent me the link and the activation number for it. 

CE6000  Plus is not even on the drop down box to request activation code.   

I didn't need to use the activation request form, because when I contacted Graphtec directly, before my machine arrived, they told me that there would be the paper in the box with the link, and all I needed was the serial number to activate it online. So that's what I did.

On the specifications page for the CE6000 Plus series, towards the bottom, it says

Included software Cutting Master 4, Graphtec Pro Studio (for Windows), Graphtec Studio (for Mac),
Windows driver, Cutting Plotter Controller

17 minutes ago, haumana said:

I didn't need to use the activation request form, because when I contacted Graphtec directly, before my machine arrived, they told me that there would be the paper in the box with the link, and all I needed was the serial number to activate it online. So that's what I did.

So does your software have a CE6000-60 Plus  driver?    or just regular  CE6000-60?   I don't think CE6000-60 Plus was in my software.