Kstill2671

Q42 cutting small letters issues

Hmm... I'm stumped :blink:  I wonder if it's just as bad with another, comparable font. ???

So if you just type a new  Not for hire  text  on your layout screen,  it would do the same?    Not use that file. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So if you just type a new  Not for hire  text  on your layout screen,  it would do the same?    Not use that file. 

Better, almost perfect

image.jpg

owned several graphtecs and ve -qe series never had a problem - this is from a ce5000 - last time I saw something like yours on a graphtec the ridge on the blade holder was not under the retainer - the person had it sitting on top of it

sfq.jpg

I just cut that file on my Graphtec and it cut fine.    Yes,  yours looks much better.    Stop using that file.   What ever adjustments you are making to it, must be screwing the file up. 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

what do you have your settings at in your software?  

Which settings? I use the cutters control panel. 

1 minute ago, Kstill2671 said:

Which settings? I use the cutters control panel. 

I was wondering both really.    

Different cutters read software differently,   But my Graphtec cut fine.     I don't think the Q series even have the same boards as a Graphtec. 

7 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

doesn't dot requite not for hire to be at least 2" tall lettering?

I have some 2.25”, not all not for hire are used in the trucking industry. 

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Different cutters read software differently,   But my Graphtec cut fine.     I don't think the Q series even have the same boards as a Graphtec. 

I will have to look later, I just left to pick the kids up from school. 

44 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

sounds more like a file saving issue, if you just type it out and it cuts good. 

I’ll have to get the Settings later but I don’t think it’s a file saving issue because when I   Cut it at 6 inches with rounded corners it cuts perfect but cuts sloppy at 3/4”

Ok, this is odd, it has something to do with the auto round feature. Two identical Es, the one on the left I used the auto round feature and the one on the right I rounded the sharp points manually. So apparently it’s not my cutter, the software is jacking it up somehow. 

F5CEDC41-5AFA-433B-BE00-A3B29DA5E030.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

But when you sent it directly from the layout screen it cut it right. 

It’s got something to do with the auto corner rounder. I appreciate all your time you took to try and help me. Looks like if I want to soften corners I’ll just have to do it manually with a little extra work. 

Thank you everyone who replied, I’m going to keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out. It cuts fine when I manually round the corners. 

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

owned several graphtecs and ve -qe series never had a problem - this is from a ce5000 - last time I saw something like yours on a graphtec the ridge on the blade holder was not under the retainer - the person had it sitting on top of it

sfq.jpg

Very nice work!

3 hours ago, haumana said:

Hmm... I'm stumped :blink:  I wonder if it's just as bad with another, comparable font. ???

I just tried arial black, it doesn't like the auto round feature, but works manually , thank you also for trying to help me out

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you ungrouping or text break apart before doing the auto round feature? 

I just weld then separate weld then it lets me change the paths

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you ungrouping or text break apart before doing the auto round feature? 

I’ve used text break before but if I remember right I had to use the cleaver on a small area before it would allow me to straighten or round the path