Kstill2671

Q42 cutting small letters issues

Hello, I have a Q42 , rebadged Graphtec and when cutting small letters it cuts fine till I round the corners. I usually round my corners on all lettering just a little bit to help prevent edge lifting. I have never  been able to get it to cut small characters perfect so I always use my  Enduracut2. 

I use the rounding tool in my LXI Master software so all the rounding is software generated  

I have tried with 45° and 60° blades in both red top and blue top.  Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it ?

my offset is set at 0

4C5C4A96-8D8B-4A94-9D59-A61B5931D4D6.png

If your lifting vinyl, then most likely you have too much blade exposed.  I can even cut chrome vinyl at .25" perfect.  I have a Graphtec FC7000-75  11 years old.   I use Flexistarter 8.6.    Small text cut slow. 

• Like 1

When I refer to lifting vinyl im talking about when its applied to a vehicle. Like when washing, a rag will lift a sharp corner more easily than a rounded corner. Dog ears while cutting isn't my issue.

how small is small? and are you typing the text straight in, or is it a graphic, or are you welding it to be an editable graphic?

5 minutes ago, Kstill2671 said:

When I refer to lifting vinyl im talking about when its applied to a vehicle. Like when washing, a rag will lift a sharp corner more easily than a rounded corner. Dog ears while cutting isn't my issue.

Incases where  smaller graphics are applied, you can seal them with a "Seal It Pen". 

https://www.uscutter.com/Seal-it-Edge-Sealing-Pen?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aXiBRCRARIsAMBZGz-eVoBNbJ47axkpzHTKz6DrzAb8sfIATaLDvjRnD6xtIWIFlp24nawaApA9EALw_wcB

3/4" is about as small as I go. Its a font, Aachen but it does it with any font. Yes to round the corners I use the weld function, not actually welding anything together. Then I use the corner rounder

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Incases where  smaller graphics are applied, you can seal them with a "Seal It Pen". 

Yes correct, but 99% of my stuff is installed by the customer so I just prefer to round corners, inside and out, also to help prevent inside corners from cracking, Not everything I sell is premium vinyl, some is 651.

I have been  selling  hundreds and hundreds of decals with text even at .25"  and never had a complaint.  I would not change the sharpness of my text, to round.    My decals are sharp and precise like they should be.    You don't state which vinyl either.  I use Oracal  and General Formulations  as well as Avery chrome.  Sounds like newbies installing vinyl and complaining. 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have been  selling  hundreds and hundreds of decals with text even at .25"  and never had a complaint.  I would not change the sharpness of my text, to round.    My decals are sharp and precise like they should be.    You don't state which vinyl either.  I use Oracal  and General Formulations  as well as Avery chrome.  Sounds like newbies installing vinyl and complaining. 

Well no ones complained yet, I just started doing it on my own, just being pro active I guess you could say. Maybe its not something I should worry about. And I use Oracal 651,751,and 951

Ok so the basic question, why is my Enduracut2 able to cut it perfectly and my Q42 not? You would think a $5,000 cutter would be able to handle the rounded feature

It is the customers job to install the decals well, or have it done professionally.  I have it right on my ads.   I bought a Graphtec to have sharp and precise details on my decals.  Not to look like it was done on a value cutter. 

I don't know what your calling the rounding the corners on fonts.  I want my text to look professionally done,  sharp, precise.   not like it was done with value cutter. I never change my fonts. 

This is how to set the blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I don't know what your calling the rounding the corners on fonts.  I want my text to look professionally done,  sharp, precise.   not like it was done with value cutter. I never change my fonts. 

7F3F6589-8DC1-4F6B-A1C9-C055C314592B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is how to set the blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Yes, Blade depth is correct, that's not an issue. If you look at the pic in the beginning and compare the two E,s , that's my issue

Just an FYI - if you're tying in the font, then welding it - yes, I know, technically nothing to weld (unless you're using an overlapping font), then it's not longer text. It becomes a graphic that happens to be in the shape of letters/numbers. Have you checked the nodes after you convert the text? LOTS of times, it is not clean, and there are a ton of extra nodes that 'dirty' up the path.

Just now, haumana said:

Just an FYI - if you're tying in the font, then welding it - yes, I know, technically nothing to weld (unless you're using an overlapping font), then it's not longer text. It becomes a graphic that happens to be in the shape of letters/numbers. Have you checked the nodes after you convert the text? LOTS of times, it is not clean, and there are a ton of extra nodes that 'dirty' up the path.

Its clean, I attatched the file if you are able to open it. 

2 minutes ago, haumana said:

image.jpg

What is your speed at?  You should be lowering the speed between 6" and 3/4 inch.   Speed about 3-4  on that small. 

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

What is your speed at?

Ive got it all the way down to 5, I usually run at 20-30 but I tried 5 and for some reason it still gets crazy, it doesn't like rounded corners lol, but it frustrates me that my enduracut will cut it perfectly. I was just trying to see if someone had an idea or ever had the same issue