MrJoel

Studio pro time for job question

Just wondering if there is something that tells you time to complete the cut job you send... trying to perfect my workflow I guess 

I’ve worked with a couple programs from various shops I worked at... a couple of them would tell the time remaining for the cut job.

i do have to say I like the cut quality of the graphtec over the Titan 3.  Corners are a bit sharper and cuts are more consistent.  I basically run that thing 3 days a week for 6 hours at a time in 5100 series reflective and it just eats it up.  The blades are lasting quite a bit longer (same company, same degree...)  

• Like 2

I jinxed myself... tip broke half way through a cut job... lost about 6ft of 30” reflective!  Lesson learned

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

I jinxed myself... tip broke half way through a cut job... lost about 6ft of 30” reflective!  Lesson learned

9 times out of 10 that is from too much blade and tip breaking during turn in the cutting strip.  food for thought

• Like 1

That stuff is 7 mil and really tough on blades. I don't know how you could ever forecast a blade problem. I would make sure your prices are high enough to cover an occasional issue because it's going to happen again. I bought a little lighted high magnification hand held microscope someone on the forum had suggested.

Similar to this:https://www.ebay.com/p/Pocket-Microscope-Carson-MicroBrite-Plus-60x120x-Power-LED-Lighted/2254813830?iid=113506320660&chn=ps

It takes some figuring out but you can actually see your blade tip and what shape it's in. That's how I figured out I actually sanded my tip off trying to cut glitter HTV in two passes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

9 times out of 10 that is from too much blade and tip breaking during turn in the cutting strip.  food for thought

I’m barely kissing the backing paper on this stuff.  I accidentally left it on making copy of a smaller job I had just cut.  And wasn’t sure if I had enough vinyl on the roll for double the large job I was cutting so I stopped it and measured.  When I restarted it I think it broke the tip... I’ve dont that on the Titan before because pausing doesn’t actually pick the blade up like the graphtec... but.. I guess that’s where i thought wrong.  The cost of errors is well priced into my products but it still hurts

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where did you end up getting your new blades?  

I got the ones you recommended for me...both for the Titan and the Graphtec.  This was a different brand though.  It was one in my CB15 holder (I was having issues with the aftermarket CB09 holder so I switched over to the big guy...turns out it was just holding the holder cocked a bit making for some really goofy offset looking issues)...new graphtec holder is ordered and on the way

How are you liking them?  I have been using the same brand for 11 years now.   I get at least 9 months out of them, many times more.