I don't want this post to appear like a commercial for a particular product sold by a competitor of USCutter, but rather, an informational suggestion for those who are producing wall graphics and want to know about a new vinyl material (and also fabrics).

As the demand for wall graphics continue to soar, Rad Grafix films by Briteline® represent the pinnacle of performance for producing high-resolution, superb quality graphics for smooth wall applications, floor decals, posters, labels and stickers. The removable adhesive materials can be mounted to any surface and re-positioned countless times - retaining their adhesion without leaving a residue.

P.S. -- this is for printed graphics. Like vehicle wraps for walls.

"Briteline"  is rebranded  General Formulations vinyl for Grimco.   Made in Sparta Michigan.   Many other sellers have it for a house brand also. 

That wall-graphics market looks attractive as a profitable business, and easier to install than working on cars & trucks!

I was recently at a promotional event that Grimco hosted for demonstrating and selling H-P Printers, and goodness gracious, they almost got me to sign on the dotted line for one of those babies!

391_main.jpg

But, If you go on Ebay and other online sites, that sell wall graphics,  you will see many complaints and negs, which is why I have stayed away from it.  Too many users, don't know what type of paint, or don't clean the areas,  and the vinyl will not stick.  Too many feed backs, state vinyl will not stick to wall. The seller will be blamed. That market is not worth it to me.  

• Like 1

My biggest roadblock is a lack of professional graphics abilities!

Doing text-based work in SignBlazer is about the limit of my own knowledge.

I can handle production of stuff like THIS with a cutter  --  but beyond that, getting into printing just seems way too complicated to deal with.

20161228_151720.jpg

problem with printing now days is there are so many printers around every corner selling on lowest cost - not like 6-7 years ago.  now they buy a printer with their tax return and don't even worry about how to pay that back to themselves, upkeep and future upgrades as long as they cover current material cost wit a little pocket change.  just my view on the current market

• Like 1

You are describing exactly how LYFT and UBER operate ---  use your personal car, and basically depreciate it rather quickly towards zero (with all the mileage and maintenance) but those mega-companies provided some money in your pocket each week, so you keep the money and keep driving.  Not really enough to cover your true expenses, but hey, who's really keeping track of that?  I read one person describe the entire UBER/LYFT thing as a situation whereby drivers are effectively borrowing money against the value of their cars and also subsidizing the ridesharing companies by working for low wages.

But, I digress...

• Like 4

I know a guy who was doing the food delivery thing, got into an accident and his insurance wouldn't cover it because he was "working" and the delivery company didn't cover him cause it was his car. So now he's basically out a car.

• Sad 3

I've been doing the rideshare gig for 4 months now (receiving about $15,000 in payments) and between the deranged deer running into the roads, the drunk drivers meandering blindly all over the highways, the pedestrians who insist on stepping out in front of cars, the insane speeders (doing over 110 and weaving through traffic), and the disgusting passengers who throw up in the car, I've had enough.

\ end rant

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:47 AM, slice&dice said:

I've been doing the rideshare gig for 4 months now (receiving about $15,000 in payments) and between the deranged deer running into the roads, the drunk drivers meandering blindly all over the highways, the pedestrians who insist on stepping out in front of cars, the insane speeders (doing over 110 and weaving through traffic), and the disgusting passengers who throw up in the car, I've had enough.

LOL... if I did Uber I'd pick up an ex police cruiser for $1500 that already had the vinyl back seat and was washdown ready.  Certainly wouldn't do that with a newer car.

My wife does Shipt (grocery delivery) and if she works it right she can net $10 - $15/hour.  Lot more hassle than a J.O.B. but it works with our schedules since she's a stay-at-home mom & we have 4 kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

LOL... if I did Uber I'd pick up an ex police cruiser for $1500 that already had the vinyl back seat and was washdown ready.  Certainly wouldn't do that with a newer car.

My wife does Shipt (grocery delivery) and if she works it right she can net $10 - $15/hour.  Lot more hassle than a J.O.B. but it works with our schedules since she's a stay-at-home mom & we have 4 kids.

Uber says vehicle not older than 10 years.       Why not get your wife on the decal cutting business?   More money.  I work from home, and ship everything.  

I'm sure eventually she will... I've already seen the wheels turning as to things we could do with it.  Might take a little bit though... when I told her I bought a cutter and the price her first comment was that I should have bought a Cricut :rolleyes:  

• Haha 1

my background  was, I knew nothing  12 years ago. I  lost my job of 30 years, factory closed and I reinvented myself. I bought a value cutter, used it 14 months and jumped right into a new Graphtec FC7000MK2-75  30 Inch. It paid for its self in 5-6 weeks.   Been selling online for 12 years now out of my home.   And I don't sell for pocket change.  My graphics are very large.  20"-27 w x 8-12ft long

On 1/22/2019 at 5:47 AM, slice&dice said:

\ end rant

I recently needed to use UBER when I travelling. First time user. I asked the driver - how it's been for him, he immediately responded, "there are no good passengers that anyone would want to pick up at 2am, or anytime after the bars and clubs close" :lol:  Then he told some really wile stories about a few of his previous passengers. I must've been like an ideal passenger to him, I just jumped in and made small talk for a few minutes, then let him do his thing.

Saw on Fbook not long ago.    They tell you years ago to not get into strange cars.    They tell you not to talk to strangers,  But then you jump into an UBER car that you don't know and the driver is a stranger.  How times have changed!!

On 1/25/2019 at 1:46 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

. . .My graphics are very large.  20"-27 w x 8-12ft long

What industry/type of graphics do you do?

1 hour ago, painperdu said:

What industry/type of graphics do you do?

:D   I have a niche' that works well for me. That's all I am saying.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1