VicT

Win10 drivers for SC 631e

Ask Google how to do it.  I don't use Windows 10.  I use Windows XP.  Nothing more I can help with. 

Apologies if this is annoying anyone else even half as much as it’s annoying me.

I now have ports set up ok, I’ve installed and updated correct drivers. But when I go to cut, although it seems to send it, nothing happens. I’m hoping this is something simple that I’m missing.

8D12E670-607D-4D4B-883E-245FB958D1CA.jpeg

5971A248-ED61-4C52-8098-0B8DE612862E.jpeg

96DBB76F-F17A-416B-8F41-010CC3F8D17B.jpeg

Are you using a Usb to serial adapter now?    If so, many will not work with a vinyl cutter, as they have the same cheap chipset as the value cutters.  A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter will work with a vinyl cutter. You have to use the null modem  serial cable that came with the cutter, connected to the Keyspan Adapter.   You can also try different cutters in the list and see if any others work..  Roland PNC1000 is a generic driver that works for other cutters.   New or used vinyl cutter?  If used,  did you see this cutter working?  

• Like 1

Make sure that you cutter isn't just on, but online as well.

Have you done any test cuts from the control panel of your cutter?

• Like 1

Thanks again for your help. 
in frustration I took the usb/serial port out of the cutter to check for damage. The inside of the USB connector is damaged. I saw this working but now I’m wondering whether he had it working from the serial port (not in the cables I was given). 
My computer does have a serial port so I’m going to get a lead and try connecting the cutter through the serial port today. Hopefully this will end my frustration. 

if you can find the cable that came with the cutter, that's the best route. If you need to get a replacement cable, it'll be a null modem serial cable (or crossover cable) you're looking for.

• Like 1