VicT

Win10 drivers for SC 631e

Bit late to the party but congrats on getting things up and running. SignBlazer is dated true, but it is a very good program and you can't complain about the cost. Be sure to check out the library in SignBlazer, tons of great graphics in there. SignBlazer is great for basic designs and sign layouts but if you want to get into more complicated designs and graphics you're going to need something else. I like Inkscape, it is a very powerful free vector program. Just something to keep in the back of your mind, right now stick with SignBlazer and get your feet wet in the world of vector graphics.

• Like 2

darkshadow, from this thread, we know that vic has already discovered the Library using my instructions (his first 'cut' was the pencil from the Library, as he posted the screen shot earlier). One thing I can suggest is for him to spend a fair amount of time just browsing that Library and making mental notes of the types of things contained within the various sections. There's even a cut-ready file of Jesus Christ in there.

Also, from the beginning of this topic, we know that CorelX7 is available to vic on his computer. Since that's the case, what advantage is there to going sideways towards Inkscape? (and from what vic has expressed, he wasn't even at the stage of knowing how to resize a graphic object, much less know the ins-and-outs of Paths, Nodes, Text Arcs, Skews, Layering, etc. etc.)

You wanna see me blow vic's mind even beyond what I've already accomplished? OK, here goes --- when you have the graphic of that pencil on the main screen, double click it. BOOM! Nodes.

Oh, by the way, after a design is finished, select it and go to FILE menu / Export (Ctrl+E) and it's easy enough to create a .jpg that can be used to send to clients as a Proof for approval of the job (an essential step in the 6-Step Process of SignMaking)

What are those six steps?

1. Interview of client / site survey / obtain details regarding what is expected  (use JOB SHEET, get 50% up-front money deposit)
2. Design / Approval (may need to return to Step One if this doesn't satisfy the client after revision #2 or #3 !!!!)
3. Cut (or Cuts, if multiple colors are involved)
4. Weed  (no, not a cannabis party)
5. Tape (app tape/transfer tape)
6. Drop (apply vinyl to substrate)

Lather. Rinse, Repeat.

• Like 1

Slice, you are truly a gem!  Thank you so much for all of your time & advice.  I am experienced in design with Corel and just a bit confused when I look at the SB software mainly because all this vinyl stuff is new to me.  As I mentioned earlier, I did not even know how to load the vinyl in the plotter.  I just took a shot at it & I got lucky!

I will take your advice and start a new thread about the SB software and use of my plotter.  I consider this thread closed as you guys here have helped me tremendously get the drivers, software and connectivity to my plotter!

Thank you one million times over and over again!  I am truly grateful!

If you are ever down in Cajun Country look me up & I'll be more than happy to show you around!

1 hour ago, VicT said:

Slice, you are truly a gem!  Thank you so much for all of your time & advice.  I am experienced in design with Corel and just a bit confused when I look at the SB software mainly because all this vinyl stuff is new to me.  As I mentioned earlier, I did not even know how to load the vinyl in the plotter.  I just took a shot at it & I got lucky!

I will take your advice and start a new thread about the SB software and use of my plotter.  I consider this thread closed as you guys here have helped me tremendously get the drivers, software and connectivity to my plotter!

Thank you one million times over and over again!  I am truly grateful!

If you are ever down in Cajun Country look me up & I'll be more than happy to show you around!

show him what a real po boy is and some real Jambalaya and gumbo is about - Love regional foods from all over the world  - Cajun anywhere else just isn't the same

• Like 1

Aw shucks, I'm blushing !!!

And yeah, it was a really great thread! With an outcome exactly as we hoped.

Now, if the United States Government would only ask ME how to get this frikkin' shutdown ended, I could provide simple instructions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

show him what a real po boy is and some real Jambalaya and gumbo is about - Love regional foods from all over the world  - Cajun anywhere else just isn't the same

Same goes to you Dakotagrafx!  come on down!  we'll take good care of you!

• Like 1

Hi all. I’ve been banging my head against a brick wall trying to get my cutter working and will try wiring through everything in this forum. Only problem though is that I’m struggling to get hold of signblazer. Looks like it’s obsolete now?

any advice?

Sorry. Just trying to go through any info on this forum and anything else I can think of before pestering people on here.

Still no joy.

Ive installed SignBlazer, installed CDM20828, restarted PC. When I open up SignBlazer the computer asks if I want to grant access to SignBlazer update. I have to or it will close. It opens up with the obvious server error.

inside SignBlazer I go to Cutter then Setup, but the only cutters available are various CoPam’s, Creation cut and Refine MH. There’s also a USCutter Laser Point. I figured this was the closest match and selected it. But even though I’ve confirmed that this is the correct driver and port it still won’t connect. Incidentally when I go into devices it only shows the driver, not the name of the cutter.

any advice?

The SC 631 is Not a Refine vinyl cuttter .. it is a LI-Yu..  Try Li-Yu SF-631   If you downloaded the Bottom   Signblazer(which we changed) that is above , it is on it.   It has many, many different vinyl cutters on it. Scroll down the list. It is past the KINGCUTS.

Right... step closer, thanks. 

I’ve now got the cutter in the devices. This next one may be me being dumb but output devices only goes as far as Com4, my computer has assigned it Com6. Can I change that?