VicT

Win10 drivers for SC 631e

I downloaded the Win10 drivers for my SC 631e plotter but there is no application/executable file in the zip file.  Are there any instructions on the Win10 driver installation for this model or can someone help me out?

Thank you!

"Drivers" are only for USB emulation as a Com port. 

The executable file is http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Your software for design/cut should already contain the appropriate choices of Cutter models so the computer can talk to the machine. What program are you depending on for that to happen?

• Like 1

As of now I do not have any vinyl cutting software.  I do have Corel Draw X7 and there is a toolbar icon used to send a file to a vinyl cutter.

Will I still need a vinyl cutting software with this option?  If so, do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

OK, Vic, let's back up a bit.

You own a "SC 631e plotter" (let's assume it is the same SC/Liyu OEM as USCutter was selling) that you purchased second-hand.
Is that correct?

When you made that acquisition, you saw the cutter operating in person, and it was demonstrated to your satisfaction that the machine is running fine? (What cut software was being utilized by the seller? Why did you not obtain it along with the SC?)
Is that correct?

Before posting here, there was some effort on your part to investigate numerous threads about SignBlazer being a terrific solution to troubleshoot pretty much any cutter that is acting wonky? ( I post such advice here myself probably twice a month)
Is that correct?

You know where to obtain SignBlazer for FREE, and how to set it to run a SC/Liyu machine?
Is that correct?

Let's get those questions answered first, and move ahead later about to what to do with designs produced from Corel

• Like 1

he is trying to use the sc with a plug in from action illustrated - I haven't owned a SC so not sure but usually those plug ins for corel or illy are designed for the roland and graphtecs - I know they always have rolands in their displays at the shows - - I would suggest getting going with a real cutting software first

• Like 3

If I was sitting in the same room as him, I would have that SC up and running in two minutes with SignBlazer (the 'can-opener' of cutting software, since it can work with basically any plotter ever made)

However, since I'm wayyyy over here, and he's wayyyyy over there, there's not much more I can do right now other than hope he returns with some more details and info.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, slice&dice said:

OK, Vic, let's back up a bit.

You own a "SC 631e plotter" (let's assume it is the same SC/Liyu OEM as USCutter was selling) that you purchased second-hand.
Is that correct?    Yes that is correct.

When you made that acquisition, you saw the cutter operating in person, and it was demonstrated to your satisfaction that the machine is running fine? (What cut software was being utilized by the seller? Why did you not obtain it along with the SC?)
Is that correct?   Unfortunately, I purchased the plotter without seeing it in operation but I fully trust that it was in working condition when I purchased it.  I still communicate with the seller.  The seller told me that she lost the software disk and that the software company is out of business.  I have turned the power on to the unit and I the LCD readout indicates "LOCAL" "TEST" COPY" and shows the speed as 700mms and the pressure at 56g.

Before posting here, there was some effort on your part to investigate numerous threads about SignBlazer being a terrific solution to troubleshoot pretty much any cutter that is acting wonky? ( I post such advice here myself probably twice a month)
Is that correct?   Again, unfortunately I am completely ignorant of vinyl cutting software but I have been watching YouTube videos on the plotter in order to be able to connect to it from my Win10 laptop and start trying to figure out how to use the plotter.  I thought this plotter should connect similar to a typical printer to my laptop.  I connected the plotter to my laptop, turned it on and my computer never found any new hardware device.  Therefore, I thought I needed to install Win10 drivers before my laptop will detect the plotter.  I have only contacted you and Dakotagrafx about this issue and from what I gather is that I will definitely need a vinyl cutting software and one of you mentioned that the software may have the drivers for my plotter. 

You know where to obtain SignBlazer for FREE, and how to set it to run a SC/Liyu machine?
Is that correct?    I looked up the free download for the SignBlazer software.  I found the free download along with a free download for EasySignCut Pro for Windows and SignBlazer Elements for US Cutter.  Which should I select?

Let's get those questions answered first, and move ahead later about to what to do with designs produced from Corel

I most certainly appreciate all of you help!

23 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Vic seems to be drive-by poster, and there's no way to really help without his further input and more details.

If I was sitting in the same room as him, I would have that SC up and running in two minutes with SignBlazer (the 'can-opener' of cutting software, since it can work with basically any plotter ever made)

However, since I'm wayyyy over here, and he's wayyyyy over there, there's not much more I can do other than what's already been offered.

I appreciate your willingness to help me Slice!!!  You have no idea how much I wish you were sitting here with me too!  I have so much to learn!  You and Dakotagrafx have been a TREMDOUS help!!!

Thank you!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, slice&dice said:

"Drivers" are only for USB emulation as a Com port. 

The executable file is http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Your software for design/cut should already contain the appropriate choices of Cutter models so the computer can talk to the machine. What program are you depending on for that to happen?

I have the cdm20828 application file downloaded.  Should I run it or should I download and run the vinyl cutting software first?

Thank you!

You need the driver in order for your PC to be able to detect and determine how to communicate with your cutter. Might want to see if you get that going.

Try Sign Blazer, because yes, it can be used with bunch of cutters. Then at the very least you can see if you can successfully communicate with the cutter and actually get something cut.

Even after you install the driver, go to your Device Manager and see what COM PORT Windows has assigned to it, then - if you're using Sign Blazer, go to
Cutter > Setup > (Select your cutter & Output Device (which should match the com port #)

Give that a go, and get back to us.

• Like 1

WOW!!!   AWESOME!!!  Thank you SSSOOOOO much for the advice!!!   I will give that a try now!!!

Thank you!

Okey-dokey!!!  Now we're getting somewhere! I love when there's an actual effort to get things rolling, so let's move on ----

1. To begin with, a cutter is not going to install as a printer, and will not appear as such in your devices.

2. Yes, put SignBlazer on your computer (disable your anti-virus before running the installer because the program has a bit of code that allows you to run SBE without the Registration scheme, but although it's actually harmless, anti-virus WILL likely prohibit installation)

3. After that, get the CDM20828 into the machine. It's a very rudimentary thing, and actually runs in DOS mode.

4. Restart. (have the cutter hooked up -- USB)

5. Open SBE. Go to Cutter/Cutter Setup. Ahhhhh, here we are, LiYu is the model. (or should be, we'll hope).
In the setup screen, you'll be seeing the USB com connection. (And a whole bunch of other stuff, let's skip all that for now, the defaults are usually enough to get started).  Exit Setup.

6.  Right-click on the Toolbar, and drag the WORKSPACE icon onto the toolbar, so you'll have this important item available (otherwise you have to go to File menu/Workspace Setup every time to change the size of your design area, and it's just easier to have the icon button along the top with all the other icons. Toolbar Configure is a real crazy deal, for sure! You will customize further as needed once you get going...)

7. OK, now you are facing a pink rectangle. This is your new document. Go to DRAW menu /Library and choose something and just drag it over into the pink  and resize to fit (This Library of graphics is very cool, and you'll be amazed at the amount of ideas for designing it offers) -- or just hit the TEXT icon and type right into the pink.

8. WHEW! Are you ready? Here's where you can get excited! Pop that CUTTER button, and that sucker should MOVE.   (edited ---  make sure you have vinyl inserted )

• Like 1

Slice, your going to kill me but I don't even know how to load the vinyl.... lol

I'll look at some YouTube videos unless you have a very quick way to show me.  I have a sheet of white thermal film vinyl in which I am trying to print names and numbers for the back of a t-shirt.

I am trying your advice on your previous reply!  Thank you so very much for your help!  Honestly!

• Like 1

The correct SBE link is embedded in blue lettering right within Sunday's 8:51 post above that you answered. Click on the blue text that says "Is that correct" and voila.  (A tricky bit of internet magic)

Yep, trust me, there's no problem with the software, so go ahead and disable Norton before getting involved with downloading and installing.

Slice, your going to kill me but I don't even know how to load the vinyl.... lol

I am a fairly patient guy, as you can tell, and I'll play along for a while longer before sending in a drone strike!!

I'll look at some YouTube videos unless you have a very quick way to show me.  I have a sheet of white thermal film vinyl in which I am trying to print names and numbers for the back of a t-shirt.

You have no other vinyl than that one sheet of HTV? Hmmmmmmm, then just pull out blade holder for now, until you are sure the machine talks to the computer, and we'll revisit the whole vinyl material situation later on.
You also have a heat press, is that correct?

I am trying your advice on your previous reply!  Thank you so very much for your help!  Honestly!

This ain't easy, and I have to go slowly because there's a lot going on here, as you've noticed. You are welcome, and I'm getting detailed because these types of focused directions are useful also to others who are new to the processes and may see this thread later.

• Like 2

Yes unfortunately right now all I have is one sheet of HPV and yes I do have a HP.  I will remove the blade, GREAT idea!  Also, here is a screen shot of the setup in SBE.  I am not sure which USB port I have the plotter connected to.  I have 2 USB ports on one side of my laptop and a third port on the opposite side.  Currently I have the plotter connected to the USB port which is closest to the screen display.  Not sure which one that actually is.

This is the cutter type I selected.  As you can see there are only 2 options and I selected USB2.  The available outputs are Blazer LPT1 - 4, Blazer Com1 - 3, Blazer Com4: USB serial port, Blazer: File, a big long number that looks like a MAC address, USB2, USB1, USB3, SHR Fax, LPT, PortPrompt, nul, Epson Artisian 1430 printer, Summa USB.  Those are the available output devices in that particular order.

image.png.29a4b567732e60f8c946c6fdfcfec1b5.png

Thank you for all of your help!

image.png

LOL.... dude I just loaded the vinyl in there, removed the knife and pressed the reset button and it took the vinyl in and out and I about shit my pants!!!   Scared the crap out of me!  I'm changing to Com4 now then see what happens!  Man I have no clue what all that stuff is in the software OMG do I have a lot to learn!

This is what I selected to send to the cutter.  Then I got this Cut Tile popup that I have no clue what it is....

image.thumb.png.98117b4bb31be1661cb53bfb8270b91f.png

Thank you!

HHHEEEYYYYY..... I think we have communication to the cutter.  The display changed from "LOCAL" "TEST" "COPY"  to "Now is printing..." but nothing is moving on the cutter.

I got it!!!   I had to click on the cut icon and it started cutting away.  Although I did remove the knife.  It started moving all over the place.  I think it was cutting that image very large or possibly cutting something else.  I guess I will have to do lots of research of how to actually operate the software and its settings for cutting jobs.

For now I am trying to cut 2" letters & 6" numbers to HP on the backs of T-shirts.  Is there any templates already designed in the SBE software?  Also, if I understand correctly, according to the type of vinyl I have I need to adjust the knife pressure and I'm sure other settings as well.

Thank you!

All right, let's keep going.  I can tell you are thrilled !!!

1. The pop-up you saw with the button "Cut Tile" -- well, you can just hit the keyboard ENTER when that appears, instead of mousing over to it.

2. That pencil graphic is massive, do you know how to make it smaller? Resizing objects is a task you need to get familiar with. Not sure what you meant by templates -- are you talking about the size of the decal that goes onto the shirt? Got a ruler? Adjust the workspace accordingly. (that pink rectangle is your entire world now, get used to arranging stuff into it). Did you manage to put the workspace icon into your toolbar?

3. What is HP?

4. Let's stop here. You have succeeded in troubleshooting properly, and now have a combination of cutter/software that is working OK.

END of TRANSMISSION. You're very welcome. The bill is in the mail.

No I do not know how to resize objects yet.  I am kinda hunting & pecking around in the software.  I have lots to learn!  Are the vinyl software available today more user friendly than SBE or should I just continue using SBE due to the older model plotter I have?

HP = Heat Press

My friend I cannot THANK YOU enough for sticking with me through this trying time!  Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

HP = Heat Press     Slice smacks forehead, of course heat press, it's 2:30am and I am not thinking straight anymore.

Too bad you aren't in Baltimore, you could hire me to provide consulting services in person!

SignBlazer is plenty powerful for what you're aiming at. Once you get through these initial hiccups, the ease of use and simplicity of functionality will be apparent. The guy who put it all together (Jerry Bonham, R.I.P.) did so with the idea that even a raw newbie like yourself could get a cutter up and working out of the box quickly and have fun making Signs, with virtually no prior experience.

There is a MANUAL for SB operations, if you are that type of person to read it.
http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_manual.pdf

:D

• Like 1

lol..... I understand that my friend!  its 1:55am here too and I'm wound UP now!  I'll look over the manual and keep pecking away!  Thank you so much for your patience & help!

VicT, you are Hooked !!!  I don't want to make too much of this, but honestly, what we did here tonight is a life-altering thing.

Peace.

Start other new thread(s) with other concerns/questions in the SignBlazer category, or T-Shirts, or Business Practices.

Oh, one more thing ------------  you MUST remember to Mirror Cut for production of heat-press decals. In the Cutter preview screen, look for the checkboxes --  Fit to Origin (yes, you want to do that), Rotate Across Vinyl (orientation), and the all-important Mirror.

• Like 1