Sign in to follow this  
Myron.designer

Hi!

Hi, I'm Myron. A newbie here . So cool yeah. I have the 871 MK2, running vinylmaster  and today for the first time it started cutting ( I don't know what they are called but,)

path lines. like it cuts the design but then the path the blade takes across the design too. Can any one help.

oh normally im doing image cut outs, but today I'm doing text but I created paths in illustrator.

Thanks so much 

Most likely static from the vinyl.  Make sure you grounded the cutter to the stand if you have one.  Try wiping your cutter with dryer sheets,  Spray static guard like sprays in the area. dryer sheet in the vinyl roll. . To figure out if it is static,  use the pen tool,  it this doesn't happen then more likely static.  You never stated how big the design is,  if a large design, it could be memory.  Those cutters are very prone to static problems as well as memory problems.  It's a bottom of the barrel cutter.  Those value cutters are better off being ran on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name.  Those cutters do not have True USB.   We advise new people to stay away from this cutter.  

Have you also just tried typing you text directly in VM? That will be your cleanest means to cut.

• Like 1

Thanks guys , yeah I cut the same design before when I first got the cutter. it 5x36 and im cutting down not across. yeah let me try to down load the font to vinylmaster. thanks again

Static doesn't matter how many times you cut the design before, or which direction you cut it.    It also helps to reset your cutter after each cut to dump the data from the previous order. 

Myron, welcome.

You describe the cutter blade not lifting from the material (dragging instead of rising and falling as required).

If that is happening, you may have fried your Z-Chip.

• Like 1