I recently set up my Titan and I'm trying to get a feel for it.  I switched from the Silhouette and this seems a little more complicated to set up correctly.  Sometimes when cutting a larger solid design (about 10"-12") the HTV starts to bunch up at the blade.  It seems like the blade depth is correct as it doesn't cut through the backing.  Also, are the pinch rollers supposed to be set directly above the feed rollers?  I assume so because it didn't feed correctly when they weren't aligned, but then why would they be adjustable?  I wish the instructions were more clear.

least amount of blade possible for the least resistance - HTV is easier to have too much blade exposed as it doesn't cut thru as easy but still cause excessive drag.  Yes pinch rollers need to be above the grit rollers and also near the outer edges of the vinyl product being cut

What is a good setting for cutting HTV?  I have not reset anything on the machine, unless I accidentally pushed a button I shouldn't have.  So the machine is set to speed-540mm and force 164g.  I'm so used to just choosing presets on the silhouette.  Thanks for the help :)

19 minutes ago, Rachelle said:

What is a good setting for cutting HTV?  I have not reset anything on the machine, unless I accidentally pushed a button I shouldn't have.  So the machine is set to speed-540mm and force 164g.  I'm so used to just choosing presets on the silhouette.  Thanks for the help :)

There isn't any set in stone settings for any machine, each machine is different, including the same model.   Cut slow.  You have to set your blade depth correctly first.  This is how. . 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

Your speed sound high. HTV carrier is more plastic and will flex so a slower approach is a good idea. Also make sure you haven't already broken a blade tip. HTV needs a nice sharp blade or you end up cranking up the pressure to get penetration which then leads to the bunching you describe. 

Every machine is different so what Titan says is 540mm/sec may not actually be but I would try setting your speed between 1/4 and 1/3 of the max. If yours will go as high as 800mm/sec try between 200 and 240 as a starting place. You can always speed up if you really need to, too slow isn't necessary either but some really thick products cut better at slower speeds. I have never understood going at full speed for a home application. All mechanical equipment has a lifespan and much like a vehicle, hard mileage does take a toll. I have a $3500 Summa and I run it at 200mm/sec most of the time. It has a turbo setting which speeds up the movements between cuts but other than that I don't like to ask it to overwork because I plan on having it for several more years.