Sign in to follow this  
cjwyman

Roland GS-24 Want to have material auto advance after cutting - Please help

Roland GS-24 Want to have material auto-advance after cutting - Please help

Questions: Does anyone know how to make the material automatically advance to the end of the cut area after the cutting is finished?

All I've been able to get it to do is cut and then return to the origin. Why would I want all that material feed back??? I cannot find how to change this and am desperate for help. Otherwise, there will be a Roland GS-24 for sale very soon!

Just started using this new GS24, and so far hate it!! 

I've been using an old USCutter TC and Love everything about it!!

Made the upgrade and am not impressed!! For what this machine costs, it should be user-friendly and it is NOT!!

You have made no mention of which cutting software you are using,  But that feature is usually in the cutting software. 

MZ SKEETER 

I have tried the software that came with the machine, CutStudio. I tried the old program I use with my TC Cutter Sure Cuts a lot 4 & Sure cuts a lot 5.

When I use the Sure cuts a lot with my TC it has the option to End Action: Avace amount, Do Nothing, or Rewind to Origin.

However when I set up the roland cutter that option disappears. I'm not very familiar with the Roland CutStudio.

Most software at the top of the layout screen is HELP.  Go read about it. It should explain every feature in Cut Studio.   Only people who have Cut Studio are Roland people, and not too many on here. 

Also Roland has a user forum.    Roland is your tech support, why not contact them? 

I'm finding there is not a lot of help in the roland world. I have read the entire manual for the Cut studio and the GS24. No luck.

Thank you for your help MZ SKEETER!!

MZ SKEETER

What cutter would you suggest? Like I said I love all the attributes of mt TC cutter, but it is getting very worn out. I was excited to be able to afford the Roland gs24 but think I will return it for an exchange of a different cutter. I would appreciate your help & suggestions in the search for a new cutter.

Thank You!

I am a Graphtec owner.    I think the CE-6000-60 is pretty close to the same price as the Roland.  Many Graphtec owners here.   And yes, it does advance after cut. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1